Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phart

Patrick's Sketches

Guest Phart

hello everybody,

some time ago I did some useful posting. I am trying to improve my sketching abilities by hand and by computer. In the upcoming weeks I will make drawings of some random projects. This time I chose printers. I hope people can give some feedback. How can I improve my sketches?

printers%201.jpg

Patrick

Visit www.patrickhartog.com

Guest Kaiyuan

Nice sketches and renderings.

All I can say is that I notice that you don't have a light source. Give your renders a light source and it the form will read better.

Guest Phart

Thanks for the advice, for my next sketch I will add a light source. You're right, a light source is basic drawing, stupid I didn't thought of that.

Guest Phart

Here is a sketch I made before. I draw a lot of cars, but I never let them shine! I really wanted to make a car whole the way in Photoshop. This is the result.

rendering%20truck.png

Guest Phart

I know I reply a lot, but here is another one. I hope there is some improvement every time, but I have the feeling I am stuck in a certain style and I cannot get out of it, AAARggg!!! Here I tried to combine some marker work with photoshop. Please give me tips! Thanks

blockprinter.jpg

Guest Phart

Here are also some sketches I did about a year ago. These are some idea sketches for my graduation project. I designed a office desk at Richard Hutten Studio.

vormgeving009.jpg

vormgeving010.jpg

Guest Taro

i think for your computer stuff, you should attempt different texture or brushes or w/e.

Because the printer, car, second printer, thrid so on, all have the same surface look to it. And I guess when your sketching ability is really good already, you could work on making them more realistic?

i really like your sketches of those tables, yet they are like a yr old you said? so nothing anyone can say about how to improve those ones.

btw, do you know how to use 3D modelling programs?

Guest Phart

Thanks for the advice taro, I will play with the textures and brushes. I still have to find my way in painter and I know you have a lot of brushes there, so maybe I can experiment there.

btw, do you know how to use 3D modelling programs?

I know how to use 3d modelling programs. At my university I learned Solidworks, and I used this a lot in practice. But lately I also love to use rhino and rendering in vray. On my website you can see some 3d stuff of different projects.

Guest Phart

For now, I think this is gonna be the last printer sketch, I have to find a new subject. With this sketch I tried to play a little bit with textures in the surface, maybe it's not enough. I am going to search some inspirational material to try some styles.

printer3.jpg

Guest Phart

Here is another printer, but yes, this is the last one. This printer can be mounted on the wall. This time I used some markers. What do you think?

wallprinter.jpg

Guest orak10

I think they're excellent, I would love for someone to teach me to draw like that.

Guest Phart

Some new sketches, this time some shavers, The last one I touched up a bit in Photoshop.

shavers.png

shaver2.png