Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
roelontwerpt

Tilting Car/motorcycle Hybrid

Hi everyone,

seeing this very cool tilting motorcycle prototype, that can be driven with a car driving licence (!), made me think about how my ideal transportation solution would be for a daily commute of about 45 minutes through heavy traffic.

I tried to combine the best of both worlds, narrow enough to drive inbetween cars in a traffic jam (about 600mm wide), but with all the comfort of a conventional car. Streamlined and fully electric, environmently friendly and cheap to drive.

Just a rough sketch yet, let me know what you think of it!

post-1434-1249300649.jpg

Guest Karl Baxter

It looks kind of interesting, I would be careful with the width though. The tilting motorbike vehicles have handlebars and open sides. As your concept has a steering wheel and closed doors there will be some issues. 600mm is not a lot of space especially if you have to react and steer etc.

Guest Adolphe

Cool concept. Would it have crazy weight-systems to prevent it from falling on a sharp turn?

--AAlex

thanks for the comments,

I agree, 600mm is pretty narrow. It would work for me but I am not that wide myself. :)

I don't know what a crazy weight system would look like. It would work in a similar way as the MP3 scooter, Carver 'car' or the motorbike prototype mentioned in my first post.

Here some final renderings,

please let me know what you think of it!

post-1434-1250536005.jpg

Guest Erick22

that's a cool idea. You should check out the tengo. it's a car that looks something like that minus the tilting part

I've seen a lot of concepts like this lately, in fact I even did one myself. You can see it on my website if you want, I didn't want to hijack your thread lol.

I think its a cool idea but I think your one mistake like mine is that its only a one seater. It would definitely need to be a tandem design to make more practical sense. After all you would want to be able to show it off to your friends/girlfriends by taking them for a spin!

Good work! I think you could make it even more impressive by detailing it a bit further though.

Guest under-dog

Correct me if I am wronge. Isnt that your design on your avatar?

I've seen a lot of concepts like this lately, in fact I even did one myself. You can see it on my website if you want, I didn't want to hijack your thread lol.

I think its a cool idea but I think your one mistake like mine is that its only a one seater. It would definitely need to be a tandem design to make more practical sense. After all you would want to be able to show it off to your friends/girlfriends by taking them for a spin!

Good work! I think you could make it even more impressive by detailing it a bit further though.

Guest baskey

It is a great idea to work on. I simply appreciate for your project in this motorcycle hybrid. You must do it because of your perseverance. I congratulate for your success.

Guest retrospec

I like it man, did you use solidworks and photoworks? Also the concept has been out there for a while am I right?

Well, I guess it's a pretty realistic concept, Check out this website:

http://www.lumeneo.fr/welcome.html

It looks 'a lot' like what I've come up with. Its even fully electric!

Check it out vander, they even drive around in the same environment as we have used for our renderings! :)

Phart,

Tilting cars and trikes have been around for a while

http://www.maxmatic.com/ttw_moto.htm

but as far as I know, the Carver is the only one that is succesfull and in production (apart from 3 wheel motorbikes like the MP3)

retrospec,

I used solidworks, and the photview 360 program, Its pretty limited in options, but the rendering results are pretty good.

vander,

I agree you see a lot of these concepts, but it looks that more concepts like this make it into production lately.

I think I do agree on the tandem design. I like the solution (1+1) of the lumeneo concept where you can convert the luggage space into a seat.