Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest shaunhaugh

The Audi Mouse

Guest shaunhaugh

After the bmw mouse and the benz mouse ,now ,I finished my new mouse .Oh .........it's so hard to design .........if you think the audi mouse doesn't look comfortable ,please tell me.....................

post-27620-1249189891.jpg

post-27620-1249189943.jpg

Guest 47522

Looks like a nice mouse but I can't really see anything which makes it sand out as an Audi mouse. I suppose you could say it follows the lines of a TT but I wouldn't of made that connection had I of not gone looking after reading the thread title.

Maybe use the Audi R8 for inspiration - the vents either side of the main grill could definitely be incorporated, along with the side blades. My advice would be to try and reference things in your designs which relate to the cars. For example all Audi cars have a similar shaped prominent, rounded grill on the front. Aston Martins all have the shark mouth grill. BMW have Angel Eye headlamps. I could go on....

Still, a nice mouse design - nice colours.

Guest shaunhaugh

Looks like a nice mouse but I can't really see anything which makes it sand out as an Audi mouse. I suppose you could say it follows the lines of a TT but I wouldn't of made that connection had I of not gone looking after reading the thread title.

Maybe use the Audi R8 for inspiration - the vents either side of the main grill could definitely be incorporated, along with the side blades. My advice would be to try and reference things in your designs which relate to the cars. For example all Audi cars have a similar shaped prominent, rounded grill on the front. Aston Martins all have the shark mouth grill. BMW have Angel Eye headlamps. I could go on....

Still, a nice mouse design - nice colours.

En...........I use the Audi R8 for inspiration ,not TT ,I think the Audi TT is a bad look design ,I don't like it .

Guest woli

Hi,

Crackin' renders! I can also see a lot more of a TT in the mouse I think because it is fairly bulbous (As a mouse should for comfort etc.) whereas the R8 is very sleek. I know it sounds odd but if the silver material looked a lot brighter in the renders, it would resemble an R8 a little better.

Nice one

Oli

Guest AutomóvilVerde

looks great, but don't see the audi except for the simplicity. but the silver is very audi

I always see these brand-inspired designs and although I think it's a good exercise I think a good 90% don't achieve any relevance to the brand. For instance in your design you have a ridge running down the middle of the mouse, which seems to be the defining feature; which car do you take that form from? I could be wrong but it seems very un-audi to me. On a more functional basis, why make a left-handed mouse when industry standard is right hand, at the very least, I would suggest you make it symmetrical in order that both right handed and left handed people may use it.

Perhaps some sketches to better communicate your thought process? Or reference pictures to help people to understand influences?

Guest deyan.christov

Hi,

first i'm very impressed by the rendering of your mouse, what software do you use? solidworks? 3d's max?or else?

and then I think your mouse could more look like the R8 if it have strongest lines and little more agressive :D

Guest noendinsight

I love the design and which someone would develop a mouse where your whole hand will sit on it. I have long skinny finger and this would be perfect IMO. It does remind me of Audi actually. Bravo!

Guest shaunhaugh

En................let me show you my new mouse , ...............I designed so many mouses , and I will design the other things ,such as electric shaver.........

post-27620-1254396631.jpg