Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest idguru

apple console

Guest idguru

here are some of the designs that i have done so far for my minor project, if i could have some response on which ones people like, and what can be done to them to improve them, i dont want crit on the rendering as this was done quick its just the design im intrested in at the mo.

SO pick your numbers..

post-5-1114100670.jpg

Guest viper5191

You've captured the apple styling well.

The only problem I have, and its more Apple's fault, is that their designs are too simplified, obviously function dominates in the i-pod.

8 and 6 are the best, although I think the sphere one has a lot of potential, it just needs more hours put into it.

Guest Tronics

Hi im new here BTW

I like number 8 and 6...everything else is good but those are my favourite's...

What program did you use to do them models?

Guest idguru

these were all done very very quick in rhino most where just getting the outline and extruding them along a curve, they where rendered in flamingo, the final design will be done in alias, surfaes seem to fit together nicer in alias.

Cheers so far, please keep the numbers coming, the results so far are not what i expected so its great.

Guest abhinav

good design as far as quick explorations are concerned.. i like the form of 5th and 8th, but 4th is better if u consider the interface.

2nd and 7th somehow lacks in proper edge treatments and form integration.

1st and 6th have got the characters well.. but need to be refined to come out original.

Guest robulation

hi there,

just to say I like 6 as it has a very similar look to the I-pod mini.

the best thing to do now is brainstorm all the features and design ideas you personally like the most and work from there.

probably best not going from what other people say because you may lose a bit of motivation if it isn't something you personally think is the nicest.

regards, Rob.

Guest cmegens

first of all: do not use comic sans if you wanted to be taken serious.

Second of all nr 6, but then bring it even more back towards the apple style.

Although the console is interesting, what is the real brainteaser is the controller. It is very hard I think to create a ergonomic controller, and still let it look like an apple product, because of the simplified shapes (basically they use primary shapes with blends) and the original compostions and materials they use. So I think the biggest challange would be here as a shape.

Second to that Apple has a name to fullfil on the interaction, and here also the controller is the key part where the user connects with the apple product. This interaction has to be made with the same style and grace for instance the Ipod uses (which is still just a beautiful interaction which we don't see produced that much). So I hope you start with the real challange, instead of the shape of the console.

regards

Carl