Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest CyreneQ

The Stix - Cell Phone That Helps You Loose Weight

Guest CyreneQ

Who doesn't want to live a healthy lifestyle? Since most people can't live a day without their cell phone, I figured why not make a phone design (a device people will always carry around) that helps people lead an active and healthy life? So here's my Stix concept.

Feedback? Too absurd?

post-30885-1247687069.jpg

post-30885-1247678821.jpg

post-30885-1247678837.jpg

post-30885-1247678864.jpg

Guest AutomóvilVerde

cool idea, though i don't think it would get enough power from kinetic energy to power it. my dad does a lot of electronics, and i asked him about something like this before, and he said that the energy generated by your body's movement is only enough to power very small things like a watch.

but other than that it looks like a really cool idea, though i think you would be able to have the pedometer in any other phone.

Guest Karl Baxter

i think the concept is sound, healthy lifestyle phone. I don't think it is explored properly. Maybe it would be better to have a dedicated website for a more regular looking phone with a decent screen to see healthy recipes, track training, create communities etc. If the functions you specified were what you wanted to put in it there is no reason they couldn't go on a "normal" phone. The ear thing just seems to be taken from an earlier post of yours - it doesn't have anything to do with the concept - "don't have to take the phone off your ear.", Why would I want to put it there in the first place?

Nice idea - pushed through way too quickly.

Guest CyreneQ
i think the concept is sound, healthy lifestyle phone. I don't think it is explored properly. Maybe it would be better to have a dedicated website for a more regular looking phone with a decent screen to see healthy recipes, track training, create communities etc. If the functions you specified were what you wanted to put in it there is no reason they couldn't go on a "normal" phone. The ear thing just seems to be taken from an earlier post of yours - it doesn't have anything to do with the concept - "don't have to take the phone off your ear.", Why would I want to put it there in the first place?

Nice idea - pushed through way too quickly.

Well, I didn't make it look like regular cell phone so it can go on as a bracelet and take your heart rate. And I wanted to make it small so it can use kinetic energy to run. But as AutomobilVerde said, it's not enough power.

Well, I'm still learning. I need the advice from you people. Thanks!