Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest CheckMate

Which Printers Are Best?

Guest CheckMate

Hi,

There hasn't been a topic on printers recently as far as i can see, and i'm interested in getting one so if you could give me your choices, opinions and experiences this would be very helpful!

I am interested in an A3+ printer for printing Illustrations, Graphics and Photos.

regards,

I had an Epson 1280 while in college. Not sure what the current version is, but it was fairly affordable, especially since I split the cost with 4 of my friends then sold it when we graduated to recoup some of the cost. Did very very nice 13x19" borderless prints. Only issue was it was a tri-color ink system (only 2 cartridges) so if you printed something that was very saturated with 1 color for instance, it would potentially kill that color before anything else. We would try and remedy this by making sure that each of our portfolios used a different color for the background graphics ;-)

If you have more money there are good Canon and Epsons that use individual ink cartridges. Do a google search for large format printer reviews to see whats in your price range.

This is the updated version of what I had: The Epson 1400

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16828103195

The higher end multi colored version R1900 jumps up about $220 if you're in the US:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16828103272

Guest Mansy

I find you cannot beat epson for printing colour, as long as you use their ink and paper. If you try cheap comapotible inks they do not make such a good job especially when printing photos as you do.

Also when printing remeber to select what type paper you have loaded in printer, such as photo glossy.