Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tede

As Much Of An Idiot As I Think I Am?

Guest tede

Just like the rest of the world im trying to model an Iphone 3g in CAD. But i noticed that the models i have seen so far are pretty flat on the back.

So im trying to do a back piece with no flat areas. sound simple enough right? For me apparently not.....

In the attached image i have done each side differently, the orange side has a 3 sided surface for the corner (to be avoided?), and honestly it is not exactly as i want it, i dont have any control over the shape it creates.

The blue side i thought would solve this problem, but i jsut cant get the corner to work well, it perpetually throws up areas of bad curvature, or not continuous curvature. This is the best i could do with a 2 rail sweep as the network curve tool is not working well here.

Im super sure that there is something that i am missing.

Thanks for your time dudes.

post-1307-1246311948.jpg

Guest tede

ahh thanks man, id seen those before but id overlooked the starting point and started with a railed surface and not a networked surface....

anyway here is where i ended up, I hade to use 3 additional driving curves on hte corner too...Its not perfect by anymeans, but i do actually have some 'real' work to do....

post-1307-1246386979.png