Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest CyreneQ

Zink Pad

Guest CyreneQ

I entered a contest called Zink Zero Boundaries and they wanted people to think of a product design that incorporate their Zink technology.

I entered and I made it to the top 40! Yay

Here's what it looks like.

Also, this is optional, but you can vote for my design. hehe for people choice awards. http://zinkzeroboundaries.com/vote.html

(Note: I found out about the contest a couple of days before the deadline, so pardon the non 3D renderings, I used illustrator)

I'll post more of my designs up. But this is one of my firsts. I got in to product design couple of months ago. :blink:

post-30885-1245889323.jpg

post-30885-1245889569.jpg

Guest MBW17

this would be a very cool product to make and sell, looks cool to mess around with, good work, but i don't really take this very serious, bc the renders look way to cartoonish or childish, but the idea and concept, is great!

cyrene, very cool work. think you have done well in just a couple of days before the comp. really like the presentations, very fresh and eye catching. well done. :blink:

M.

Guest Skint

Nice work cyrene. Pretty nice illustrator skills you have. Good luck with the competition.

Guest CyreneQ

Target audience are kids and teenagers, the cartooy graphics hopefully works that way.

Look at this article mentioning my zink pad! They said it was one of their favs, well, they said it was interesting. So cool!

Here's what it says

"Among the more interesting designs are the Zink Pad; it looks like a stenographer’s notepad but is essentially a portable printer with a touch screen and a built-in camera, which can be used to take, edit and print photos."

Read more: http://printerinkcartridgesblog.printcountry.com/?p=3576

Another article

"The Bedford, Mass., company revealed the finalists today. Those finalists produced a bunch of creative designs. Some of the interesting ones include the cleverly named Zink Pad, which looks like a notebook but is really a printer."

http://venturebeat.com/2009/06/24/zink-get...kless-printers/

Guest BrainFruit

Well done, I admire your passion. I have spotted your illustrator work on a number of posts and it is very impressive. You are also very good at communicating ideas so that anyone can understand them. Have you thought about branching out to 3D work? Maybe you already have and I may have missed it. Some of your designs would benefit from being modelled in a 3D package, and I expect you would have little trouble learning a new package.

Guest CyreneQ
Well done, I admire your passion. I have spotted your illustrator work on a number of posts and it is very impressive. You are also very good at communicating ideas so that anyone can understand them. Have you thought about branching out to 3D work? Maybe you already have and I may have missed it. Some of your designs would benefit from being modelled in a 3D package, and I expect you would have little trouble learning a new package.

Thank you. I am trying to self teach myself 3D. That's one of my goals this summer and along with my new passion for product design.

Right now, I'm using Blender 3D (freeware), later, I'll buy 3D Max. Blender is fairly easy to use, but I know not much profession use blender? Or do they? I know many use maya and 3D max. Which is a better software?

Guest Siona

I know blender is used a lot for computer animation, I'm not sure about product design in industry. In my experience, Solidworks is pretty popular.

Guest Grant Howarth

I use a combination of 3ds max and solidworks. 3ds max deals purely with visuals and has a very steep learning curve (but once you've learned it the visuals you can produce are incredible). Solidworks is good for modelling something you might go on to create.

Guest CyreneQ
I use a combination of 3ds max and solidworks. 3ds max deals purely with visuals and has a very steep learning curve (but once you've learned it the visuals you can produce are incredible). Solidworks is good for modelling something you might go on to create.

I got a 3D max CD from an estate sale for $5!!!! Yeah, I don't think they knew how much that cost. It had the manual and the serial number. Works too! I just need good tutorials for it. =)

Guest nicanor

I personally like Rhino, I think it's a good blend between organic and engineering based modeling, and a lot of design companies uses it. SolidWorks is great but very engineer based. It really comes to personal preference. There's enough plug-ins with both mentioned programs to make some things easier, mainly better final renderings.

If you enjoy both 2d and 3d, you may want to look into interaction design (electronic device menus, etc). I see jobs often in that field.

Keep up the good work!

PS, you can get free demo of Rhino or SolidWorks if you want to mess with it... or free if you know where to look or who to ask (ie: me)

Guest Buff

Advertised at the top of the screen... Solidthinking

Looks interesting, alows NURBS and Polygon modeling and conversion between the two apparently