Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest shaunhaugh

The Mercedes Mouse

haha, first a BMW and now a Mercedes mouse. You are really in the car/mouse mood! What's next? Audi?

Anyways, in my humble opinion I only see the badge as the only Mercedes element. Perhaps you can explain why this is a Mercedes mouse even without the badge?

Guest Buff

Your BMW mouse had definate cues, but this is weaker. The overall shape is simmilar, but only now you look at the car pics. what about some fine detailing that reflect the lines of the head/tail lights and/or the pressing down the flanks and bonett (hood)?

Guest newt @ MWE

have to agree, outside of slapping a mercedes hood ornament on the front, its not very mercedes.

newt

Guest Grant Howarth

Your reflections (rooftops? a HDR map?) Show the product in an outdoor setting yet your lighting appears to imply an indoor setting. Just my personal opinion but i think the reflections are killing this render, if you're using HDR maps try searching for a "studio" map or something (anything without a sky). It will make the render much more realistic and believable. :]

As for the design, it's a really nice mouse, nice form etc, I just don't see anything "Mercedes" about it. My only gripe is the tiny button on the left. It doesn't flow with the rest of the design.

*edit* Is this a 3ds max render? If so what material type did you use. I like :]

Guest shaunhaugh
haha, first a BMW and now a Mercedes mouse. You are really in the car/mouse mood! What's next? Audi?

Anyways, in my humble opinion I only see the badge as the only Mercedes element. Perhaps you can explain why this is a Mercedes mouse even without the badge?

Maybe audi ,maybe volvo .

Guest shaunhaugh
Your BMW mouse had definate cues, but this is weaker. The overall shape is simmilar, but only now you look at the car pics. what about some fine detailing that reflect the lines of the head/tail lights and/or the pressing down the flanks and bonett (hood)?

My worst design..................

Guest shaunhaugh
Your reflections (rooftops? a HDR map?) Show the product in an outdoor setting yet your lighting appears to imply an indoor setting. Just my personal opinion but i think the reflections are killing this render, if you're using HDR maps try searching for a "studio" map or something (anything without a sky). It will make the render much more realistic and believable. :]

As for the design, it's a really nice mouse, nice form etc, I just don't see anything "Mercedes" about it. My only gripe is the tiny button on the left. It doesn't flow with the rest of the design.

*edit* Is this a 3ds max render? If so what material type did you use. I like :]

I uesd the Modo to build it ,vray to render it.

Guest Buff

My worst design..................

NO, let's not be nnegative here. Your mouse is a nice design IMHO.

The point I made was specific to the corelation of styoing cues from the car which are exemplary in your BMW mouse.

From a sales point of view I can see both mice selling at a dealer, but the BMW mouse could possibly sell outside the showroom as its homage is stronger.

Neither are week designs though

Only comment I would make is look at the rear of the car and compare it to the rear section of your mouse. Maybe some more suttle grooves would help distinguish it as a Merc.

Your button design could revolve around the styling ques evident on the control buttons in the interior of the car...might have to rework them slightly, but they give you a style and a dimpled texture in this case that you could adopt to your design.

Nice renderings....would agree with the comment that an 'indoor' probably office environment would be more suitable.