Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest idle&wild

My First Portfolio

Guest idle&wild

Hi,

I'm bumping this as I am needing some advice. Over a year on from graduating and I'm still trying to bag the infamous design job. I am lucky in that I get interviews but never the job! So I'm guessing its my folio. I recently had an interview at Dyson and was told I dident have enough engineering/technical skills, so I guess I need to add more detail on that.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on what to add, make better etc etc?

http://issuu.com/gregmansondesign/docs/gregmanson

I'v also uploaded my cv for critique

g

GregMansonCV.pdf

Guest idle&wild
Good graphics mate!

GI

Thanks giorgio789! anyone else have any comments?

greg

Guest Taro

nice stuff

the only advice i have is to sharpen those sketching skills.

Right now, I see your renders, and it seems pretty professional, yet whats the difference with other people's renderings?

Attractive sketches are extremely important, and it will really make people want to look at your 'process' section.

Guest Siona

I agree with Taro that more sketches would really add something, but it's a great start. I've seen your 'Mono' design on a design blog (I forget which one), I really like this idea (although maybe plastic since wood would absorb the moisture from the clothes and expand).

Guest idle&wild

Hey Siona,

thanks for the feedback, I am working hard on my sketching and it will soon be added to the folio! I dident know about the mono stuff being on any blog, if you remember which one its on please post a link. I have thought about making some out of different materials but since I'v left uni now I have no workshop!! It is a concept that I'm wanting to develop though.

Cheers

Greg

Guest Siona

Very nice! :thumbsup:

I've looked around the blogs I frequent and I can't find it... :eh: I may have visited your website before! I'll keep looking though :(

Guest idle&wild

Hi,

I'm bumping this as I am needing some advice. Over a year on from graduating and I'm still trying to bag the infamous design job. I am lucky in that I get interviews but never the job! So I'm guessing its my folio. I recently had an interview at Dyson and was told I dident have enough engineering/technical skills, so I guess I need to add more detail on that.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on what to add, make better etc etc?

http://issuu.com/gregmansondesign/docs/gregmanson

I'v also uploaded my cv for critique

g

GregMansonCV.pdf