Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mikedesign

Long Time...

Guest Mikedesign
Nice work, frankly speaking some of designs are supercool like the VW pickup or some coupes you had. Some also look pretty average, like the nautilus or most of the fenderless roadsters look crappy. But some designs here deserve more views from other prospectives. I am especially interested in the red sleek coupe, where the man is standing in front of it and covering front fender and door part. That car is really mega-cool. I want to see more of it! i would give you 10 if you erased half of pics you have posted here:) just IMHO. your sketching technique of course deserves 10., design-9

Anyways, good work, I also wanted to ask, what do you think are my chances of becoming a good designer, if at all? Your opinion really matters to me, because I see you really master shapes and have a natural sense of proportions. Thanx!

Advancedboy: I'm glad that you like some of my ideas, designs and my viz skills. But I must say that I find your strategy when it come to feedback abit weird and unprofessional. I can take hard professional critiq, no problem! But be careful to call someone elses work crap, especially if you want him/her to give you feedback on your work. You say that you would give me a 10 if I ereased half of my pictures, dude, you are being rude! You DONT have to like my work, but be really careful with how you express your opinion. The way you write about some of my work doesnt really motivate me to help you out. Sorry mate! You dont have to praise my work but dont call my darlings crappy if you want my help!

Guest MBW17
Nice work, frankly speaking some of designs are supercool like the VW pickup or some coupes you had. Some also look pretty average, like the nautilus or most of the fenderless roadsters look crappy. But some designs here deserve more views from other prospectives. I am especially interested in the red sleek coupe, where the man is standing in front of it and covering front fender and door part. That car is really mega-cool. I want to see more of it! i would give you 10 if you erased half of pics you have posted here:) just IMHO. your sketching technique of course deserves 10., design-9

Anyways, good work, I also wanted to ask, what do you think are my chances of becoming a good designer, if at all? Your opinion really matters to me, because I see you really master shapes and have a natural sense of proportions. Thanx!

Advancedboy: I'm glad that you like some of my ideas, designs and my viz skills. But I must say that I find your strategy when it come to feedback abit weird and unprofessional. I can take hard professional critiq, no problem! But be careful to call someone elses work crap, especially if you want him/her to give you feedback on your work. You say that you would give me a 10 if I ereased half of my pictures, dude, you are being rude! You DONT have to like my work, but be really careful with how you express your opinion. The way you write about some of my work doesnt really motivate me to help you out. Sorry mate! You dont have to praise my work but dont call my darlings crappy if you want my help!

your work is the opposite from crap!! keep those AMAZING sketches/renderings coming in!

Guest montecarlos

Inspiring stuff, it's good to see someones work to look up to in such high regard.

It's a little scary though haha, I feel I can't reach this potential although having said that I just don't have the same resources to even practice techniques like you have used...

Sorry Mike , I didn`t mean to offend you, and aplogize for calling your hotrods the bad way. But you are a Tier 1 designer, but to my opinion some of those hotrods remind me rather a Boyd Coddington workshop than a first class design., So If you left only the best of the crop I would swoon over your designs. But don`t listen to me, you have your own opinion.And I appreciated your sketching really much, but critique helps to perfection designing. And I wish you removed that Puma logotype from your cool design. And your designs are amazing, but you can take it to the next level!

Guest Skint

Yo! Mike.

Just has a quick peak at your website which is fantastic btw! Just wondering, what is your original Love ? What I mean is, its obvious you like vehicles and concept transportation etc... but you are obviously quite keen on the futuristic aspect and rugged landscapes etc.. the fantastical look to things ?

Your work really is inspiring. Shame you are not in the UK, id take you for a pint and convince you to teach me photoshop :)

EDIT : oh p.s You into snowboarding or did you find that random boot lying around :) ?

Guest Mikedesign
Yo! Mike.

Just has a quick peak at your website which is fantastic btw! Just wondering, what is your original Love ? What I mean is, its obvious you like vehicles and concept transportation etc... but you are obviously quite keen on the futuristic aspect and rugged landscapes etc.. the fantastical look to things ?

Your work really is inspiring. Shame you are not in the UK, id take you for a pint and convince you to teach me photoshop :)

EDIT : oh p.s You into snowboarding or did you find that random boot lying around :) ?

Wonderful to hear to you enjoy both my work and my website.

My "original" love, CARS, no doubt!! But I really love all big things that moves fast!! Still, vast, rugged landscapes, extreme architecture, beautiful interiors of all sorts really appeal to me.

About that snowboard boot, it was just the object my first sketch teacher put on my desk and told me to sketch. But it was a fun task since, at that time, I had been snowboarding for 13 years.

Guest Gringoire

I would really like to hear some advice from a pro. like you on my works... Keep posting... us... little "doodle makers" need to learn something...

Guest madmatt

The monowheel Rocks!!! I always wanted to make a monowheel, perhaps in future I will do it in a 3d, very inspired me.

Bye

Hi Mike you should ignore it I guess he is on mushrooms

BR

Peter

Guest Mikedesign

Thanks for all your generous feedback and friendly comments, it really means alot! Some of you has asked me for some personal feedback on your portfolios, I will of course look at your material and send you a PM with some advice. But since im writing this on my iPhone from the sofa in my hotel room it will have to wait until I get back home!

Have a nice weekend!,

Mike

Guest Skint
About that snowboard boot, it was just the object my first sketch teacher put on my desk and told me to sketch. But it was a fun task since, at that time, I had been snowboarding for 13 years.

13 years! Nice. I have only managed 2 years so far but I challenge you to a downhill speed race, forget jumping though... anything above 1 foot off the ground and I end up on my face lol!

Have a good weekend!

To -R.P.S. What is wrong with dedicating a car to someone you admire? T(his is not a place to discuss politics, but I came to my conclusions having made a thorough research for many years.) And Mike I still give you 9 for design, I am as honest as I can be to ny own beliefs, sorry if that insults you.

Guest Taro

rps.. lol. your signature made me laugh ( no offense to advance!)

hey, you snowboarders.. ill race you too but i ski!

-----------------------------

a little question for mike ^^

since when have you started drawing?? or I should ask, when did you start taking 'industrial design' seriously?

We have a couple people on the forum starting at around 14 or 15, i personally started around 17 which is this year. I am just wondering, because even your first year stuff are pretty kick ass!