Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mikedesign

Long Time...

Guest newt @ MWE

those hotrods are gorgeous man!

keep up the good work.

newt

where did u pick up your Elipise templates ? does it have a brand name or something i can search for to buy myself a set. ive been meaning to pick up a good set of "French Curves too"

Guest Mikedesign
where did u pick up your Elipise templates ? does it have a brand name or something i can search for to buy myself a set. ive been meaning to pick up a good set of "French Curves too"

Since 99% of my work is digital nowadays I don´t use ellipse templates that much (never), but when I do markers sketches I use Pickett 1224 & 1227.

They are great!

Guest Mikedesign

Well, you requested it...here comes some really old stuff!

This post is from my first year in BA...I think.

Markers and Copic-airbrush.

post-1273-1242849556.jpg

post-1273-1242849581.jpg

post-1273-1242849596.jpg

Guest Mikedesign

And some work some 2nd year BA (3-4th semester).

My last "analog" year.

;-D

post-1273-1242854156.jpg

post-1273-1242854179.jpg

post-1273-1242854194.jpg

post-1273-1242854211.jpg

post-1273-1242854252.jpg

Guest Mikedesign

3rd year BA...final year.

That was a few of MANY sketches done during my years at UID. I´m actually still pretty happy with many of them...

//Mike

post-1273-1242854536.jpg

post-1273-1242854602.jpg

post-1273-1242854648.jpg

post-1273-1242854660.jpg

post-1273-1242854683.jpg

Guest Skint

Excellent work Mike. Have I seen you on the hypershot forum ? Wonderful tool isnt it, but have to sa yu make it even better with your photoshop touchups! Makes me want to learn photoshop or get the old paintbrushes out! Real nice to see you here.

Guest Mikedesign

Thanks Skint,

No, I usually dont hang at the HS forum, but perhaps I should!

Guest Taro

good work, and great progress year by year! I see that boot was the only product in there? haha

so what school did you attend?

Guest MBW17

mike went to Umea institute of design, if im not mistaken

yeah your stuffs awesome, i also have seen it in design sketching

Guest Skint

Hmm i just recognise one of your images, perhaps MCAD forums. Anyways... keep em coming !

Guest Lilith

:bowdown: marvelous ... fantastic works , where did you gain your understanding of color and light?

Nice work, frankly speaking some of designs are supercool like the VW pickup or some coupes you had. Some also look pretty average, like the nautilus or most of the fenderless roadsters look crappy. But some designs here deserve more views from other prospectives. I am especially interested in the red sleek coupe, where the man is standing in front of it and covering front fender and door part. That car is really mega-cool. I want to see more of it! i would give you 10 if you erased half of pics you have posted here:) just IMHO. your sketching technique of course deserves 10., design-9

Anyways, good work, I also wanted to ask, what do you think are my chances of becoming a good designer, if at all? Your opinion really matters to me, because I see you really master shapes and have a natural sense of proportions. Thanx!

Guest Gringoire

Great stuff... I really wonder how on earth can you do such flawless renderings... ? Your ideas are great but I believe that... when it comes to rendering you're the man... Best car renderings I've seen yet... There must be a lot of sweat and endurance in your works... But the result is extraordinary ... I admire you and your works inspire me and a lot of people...