Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mikedesign

Long Time...

Guest Mikedesign

Hi everybody,

I haven´t posted here in a very long time....so I thought I´d change that and start post some new stuff.

They all come from personal projects, and are done mainly using photoshop.

Hope you like it!

Best regards,

Mikael L

post-1273-1242768751.jpg

post-1273-1242768787.jpg

post-1273-1242768841.jpg

Guest MBW17

Dang I've seen you before, never thought you would be on here!

your like a design legend!

great stuff and if by any chance i would love to here what you think about my stuff..?

Guest NelsonDesign

Wow! I've seen your work before.

I didn't think you would be on a site like this.

Great stuff man! Be nice to hear what you thought of my stuff.

Guest Taro

simply amazing, really sorry that I (or perhaps many of us) can't possibly help you improve your work haha.

it would be greatly appreciated if you help us out though ^^

I like your designs, but they are more nice from colour and shadow prospective than design. OF course, your bike design is great, but where would the actual driver sit? How does the rear wheel get attached to the frame,etc? And your audi design has nice colours and hues, but I didn`t see anything that already latest Audi`s wouldn`t have. So I consider it rather a sketching practice ,not design practice. For your sketching abilities 10 points. For Audi design- 4points. For bike design 10 points. As for bike`s ability do be driveable......I don`t know. Sorry, for being too critical. :)

Guest Mikedesign

Hi people!

Thanks alot for the many kind words, I appreciate that you appreciate my work ;-)) I´ve been away from site site for a few years. Use to hang here when I was a student and since I´m trying to get back into my "forum-activity" overall, I thought I´d stop by here aswell.

Advancedboy: Wonderful critiq, love your honesty! So nice to hear someone just speakin their mind.

The bike design...well, there has been alot of missunderstanding about this sketch. Alot. This is actually not a motocycle. Or at least it wasnt intented to be one. My original idea was that the yellow shield/plates/shells/ would open up/flip away, kind of like the wings of a bug, like a ladybug. The driver would then lay down inside the vessel like if he was laying in his favourite sofa at home. The wings would close around him and navigation would be done using multiple monitors, like in a modern tank.

When it comes to the Audi, you´ve seen straight through me. This sketch was done as a part of the pre-production phase for my upcoming sketchvideo. When it comes to doing carsketching tutorials I usually think it´s better to sketch a pretty basic car, and emphazise the technique instead of the design. So you´re right, it IS a sketchexercise ;-))

Taro: Thanks ;-D

I´d be happy to help you out!

NelsonDesign:

MBW17:

Designlegend....well that very kind and generous of you....but I´m not quite there yet :)

Did this warrior design some weeks ago...and this snowmobile, hope you find them inspiring!

post-1273-1242804786.jpg

post-1273-1242804801.jpg

Guest madmatt

Oh Man!! Welcomeback!!! In particular I really like the design of the Vehicle in the second image, really cool!!! (the two wheeler)

If you have, post some other stuffs!!

Bye

Guest Gringoire

Hey... remember me?... I am that kid from Romania that you've spoken with via email after I've sent you a comment on your web site... It happened in 13th of December 2008... and I just saw that it's still there... You told me not to quit and here we meet again... still trying... forever improving... Awesome work... way to awesome...

Guest syamada14

Your illustrations are so awesome! They have this nice texturey feel to it. So cool, I like that warrior it's like a modern warrior. XD

Guest jonfraz

Amazing work, what do you use to render all these images?

They have a depth of texture that you rarely see in CAD rendered work - they look like paintings!

Guest Mikedesign

All the textures and details...and lighteffects..and colors are produced in Photoshop. The Snowsled is 100% CS4.

Some paintings/renders of hotrod concept I did this christmas. The model is built in Maya, rendered in Hypershot and heavily reworked in photoshop.

post-1273-1242834959.jpg

post-1273-1242835008.jpg

Guest Mikedesign

Lets finish off with some speedpaints.

Best regards,

Mike

post-1273-1242835634.jpg

post-1273-1242835775.jpg

post-1273-1242835785.jpg

post-1273-1242835799.jpg

post-1273-1242835811.jpg

Guest Mikedesign
Amazing work, what do you use to render all these images?

They have a depth of texture that you rarely see in CAD rendered work - they look like paintings!

Even though I use alot of 3D, I put alot of effort into removing the "3D rendering look". I usully paint over the entire piece, add several layers of textures, do alot of color grading and add some very good sharpening tricks.

Guest Taro

= = damit, HOW do you do these? lol

hey, do you have a link or something to your 'student work' that you mentioned? haha, I want to know if you were just amazing like right now back in the days XD

and for the last post, like.. 4 or 5 car sketch right? do you just draw them all in like a couple hours? or was that all combined together with sketches from many different days?