Product Design Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest edcs

Vibrasense

Guest edcs

Hi, this is my first post on here!

I've been working on a product that stops injections from hurting by applying vibrations to the needle. There was a bit more engineering than product design in this one, but as I'm studying product design I need to be able to present the idea well at my degree show.

I decided to try and not give too much away on the poster as to how the product works, as I will have a working prototype there to demonstrate it. I've attached my poster to see what people think of it as my mind has gone blank on this one, so I think I might step away from it for a few days. Some input would also be helpful :)

Vibrasense_Poster.pdf

Hi, this is my first post on here!

I've been working on a product that stops injections from hurting by applying vibrations to the needle. There was a bit more engineering than product design in this one, but as I'm studying product design I need to be able to present the idea well at my degree show.

I decided to try and not give too much away on the poster as to how the product works, as I will have a working prototype there to demonstrate it. I've attached my poster to see what people think of it as my mind has gone blank on this one, so I think I might step away from it for a few days. Some input would also be helpful :)

Hi good idea but honest i have no idea if that works you have try it? Im not sure but i think the needle already really sharp and if they start to vibrate it is not more spot like it is more like a cut may it hurts more as just pierce im really interested on any result you get with that. Some other point is the expense in healthcare already high some vibrator will in every case cause some more expense and what about sterilization i guess it isn't a one time to use part so it have to be sterilized at a high temperature after use.

BR

Peter

Guest edcs

It works! I've carried out tests and have the results are presented in my report on the product. You've highlighted one problem about the poster though, I've not mentioned that the actuator that provides the vibration is disposable (like a lot of other medical products, some being really complicated bits of kit!).

The product is designed to be used mostly when a doctor is performing lots of injections in close proximity (think treatments like Botox injections). Local anaesthetic is sometimes used, but this doesn't stop the bruising you get and my product *should* reduce that...

I guess I need to somehow get those points across on the poster :)