Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JPiTT

Soccer Crutches

Guest JPiTT

whats up everyone, this is first time in a while since i post. but, i wanted to get some feedback on my recent project i did for my junior class. the semester is over with but, i feel like this project has a lot of potential. and i just wanted to hear some other opinions beside my classmates, co-workers, and parents. this project was our civility theme project. here we had to define "what does civility means to me?" i only posted up the 4-board display (didnt want to take up to much room) but if you need the others the pages to fully understand let me know, and ill get them for you.

post-22048-1242100745.jpg

post-22048-1242100754.jpg

HI

I like the project you have there its something worth to work on to create a simple and low cost to produce solution for the immobilized handicapped people in in the 3 world country's.

The second picture statements for my taste you fixed this to much on child soldiers of course it is a emotional topic but it is the same amount on civilians what have to deal with that so you should more blame the reason for that the Land mines and the producer of the forbidden weapon what is only invent to immobilize humans and they still out there hidden in the sand and explode any day if any one step on them.

You should post more of the project i really like it this can be a nice project for a forum like that to work out a really good solution so many smart guys here with such a wide field of knowledge.

Thumbs up

Peter

Guest JPiTT

thanks, r.p.s for the feedback. i know i kinda fixed myself on one problem, i never to the took the time to zoom out and look at the a bigger picture. thank you for the suggestion, im definitily going to look into it. (i cant spell) im going to try to post up more info, after i get off from work.

post-22048-1242188920.jpg

post-22048-1242188948.jpg

post-22048-1242188970.jpg

Guest Lilith

good area to work , i wonder how do you conduct your research? i am in the process of finalizing my degree project for pregnant women and i found it quite challenging to research this area, there was so much to do , get involoved in so many different areas , interview pregnant women, observe them etc etc research took me agess, so how did you define your problem?

thanks and good luck

Guest JPiTT

sry, lilith for the really late reply. (got hooked on summertime) but, thank you for the suggestions. i did interview a couple professionals, as well as asked for their opinions and suggestion. after that, i got to play around in a pair of forearm crutches, for further research.

as to defining the problem, i really luck out on it. while i was doing the research, the main website that i was using as major resource clearly stated the problem; as the equipment that they were using and had some documentation of problem on their website. so, i consider myself lucky on that part.

again im sry for that really, really late reply.

Guest bagaudae

Howdy!

I really like your project, because it is well developed, a lot of detail, nice dimensional considerations, etc.

Problem is, you narrowed the problem a lot, and then you solved it completely out of context. I mean, you realized children in Africa (in a pos-war scenario) have a problem and then presented a solution with completely rich-western characteristics.

Carbon fiber + titanium?? That`s exactly the type of material you would see on a Para-Olympic athlete. Not in a common child/youngster/adult, even less in a third World country. Plus, it`s a fairly complex crutch, would be expensive to manufacture.

Take a look at this project:

http://www.yankodesign.com/2009/03/24/no-l...alk-with-pride/

not quite the same in concept and intent, but it is similar.

I could totally see young, active people using this, in any rich country. Not in a poor country, healing from a recent war.

I know some people working (volunteer) in Africa (Mozambique and Angola) and the problem you pinned is a real, sad and serious problem. But the concerns of the people suffering from it are others. Basic ones, such as water, food, having a roof to sleep under and a doctor to treat them, having a school, and a few others that are less immediate and more "social"

Guest JPiTT

thx bagaudae, for the feedback and suggestion you made.

i agreed with you i did narrow down my problem way to much, and then present a solution that was out of context. in order to defend my solution, i will say that i orginially set out to develop a low-cost solution. but, with the more in-depth i got with the research i found that their were leagues (international) just for amputee soccer players and amputees who like playing soccer , who had documentation of problems they had with the crutches. i will admit i did lose focus, and decide to design a product that was an attempt to improve the current equipment for these athletes.

Guest bagaudae
thx bagaudae, for the feedback and suggestion you made.

i agreed with you i did narrow down my problem way to much, and then present a solution that was out of context. in order to defend my solution, i will say that i orginially set out to develop a low-cost solution. but, with the more in-depth i got with the research i found that their were leagues (international) just for amputee soccer players and amputees who like playing soccer , who had documentation of problems they had with the crutches. i will admit i did lose focus, and decide to design a product that was an attempt to improve the current equipment for these athletes.

Oh! I missed that. Then, what i said kind of looses significance.

Guest JPiTT

naw, actually it holds alot of significane. that the issue i'm trying to solve for right now. its tough.

Guest illusion

nice design for improvement product... can i use this design for my reference for FYP... now i busy for ready the proposal.hope you all can help me...