- - - - -

Fuzo Concept

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_john-john_*

Guest_john-john_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2009 - 01:18 PM

As it's been a very long time since i haven't posted something, here is a futuristic concept that i've made for honda last year.
Hope that you will enjoy it.

Cheers,

John

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Desciprtion of the project :

There has always been a fascination with VTOL (vertical take-off and landing) aircraft in the history. The development of this advanced technology and project started back in the mid 1980's. Design and engineering was created by Boeing engineer's in Arlington Washington.
After a century of unfulfilled promises, there are still some obstacles to overcome, including receiving approval from the FAA but nowadays, we are very closed to see flying cars fill the skies in the next few decades.

Fuzo is VTOL vehicle concept powered by four turbines allowing, high-speed horizontal flight and easy handling. It can reach speeds of 400 mph, but will cruise at around 350 mph.

Once on the ground the turbines switch into wheels and Fuzo becam like a normal car.
The structure is made by very light materials such as carbon fibre, Kevlar and carbon nano-tubes and the bubble canopy can take three passengers including the driver, in a very hightech comfort.

To make the car safe and available to the general public, it will anable the posibility to be completely controlled by a fly-by-wire system (computers using Global Positioning System).
In case of an accident, the vehicle will release a parachute and airbags, internally and externally, to cushion the impact of the crash.

The controls are simplified, with just two joysticks, one on each armrest driver seat, controlling thrust and steering according. The left joystick allows the car to spin on its axis while the right manages tilt and direction. And two foot pedals control power and brakes.
The potential of Fuzo is unlimited because traffic congestion is much lower in the sky, given that no roads need to be built to enable more traffic and there’s all that vertical space to work with.

#2 Guest_Cristiano Baptista_*

Guest_Cristiano Baptista_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2009 - 02:04 PM

Hi John, nice project you have there.

Just one question for you:

What is the purpose of the retractible wheels? Underwater mobility, I supose?

Regards

#3 Guest_john-john_*

Guest_john-john_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2009 - 02:51 PM

Hi John, nice project you have there.

Just one question for you:

What is the purpose of the retractible wheels? Underwater mobility, I supose?

Regards

Hy cristiano

No it's a VTOL vehicule (vertical take of and landing)
The development of this advanced technology and project started back in the mid 1980's. Design and engineering was created by Boeing engineer's in Arlington Washington.

This concept is powered by four turbines allowing, high-speed horizontal flight and easy handling. Once on the ground the turbines swith into wheels and it becam like a normal car.

The controls are simplified, with just two joysticks, one on each armrest driver seat, controlling thrust and steering according. The left joystick allows the car to spin on its axis while the right manages tilt and direction. And two foot pedals control power and brakes.

Hope that it will answer your question

But you're right maybe it's not a bad thing if i add a small desciption on the main post.
Thank you for your feedback!
John

#4 Guest_MBW17_*

Guest_MBW17_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2009 - 04:16 PM

this is sweet, i really like the idea how the turbines change to wheels, also all the views and presentation are very good too..

the design is very good and it flows well, i just would have like to see your initial thoughts,(pen and paper sketches)

good work

#5 Guest_Cristiano Baptista_*

Guest_Cristiano Baptista_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2009 - 04:53 PM

Oh, i was afraid I was making some stupid question, but it seems it was a good idea to do it.

I also thought it could be something that can fly, but since there is no reference in the presentation about the way it moves around, i thought i should ask. Thanks for your detailed explanation. Really nice project.

Regards

#6 Guest_john-john_*

Guest_john-john_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2009 - 05:37 PM

this is sweet, i really like the idea how the turbines change to wheels, also all the views and presentation are very good too..

the design is very good and it flows well, i just would have like to see your initial thoughts,(pen and paper sketches)

good work

Here are some quick sketches made before the modelisation :

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Guest_madmatt_*

Guest_madmatt_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:26 PM

Really cool project and nice realization, what program did you used for model it?

Bye

#8 Guest_john-john_*

Guest_john-john_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2009 - 10:46 PM

Really cool project and nice realization, what program did you used for model it?

Bye

hy madmatt I used rhinoceros 3d + vray render for rhino.

#9 Guest_RRS_*

Guest_RRS_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:37 AM

Hope you like this:
http://www.yankodesi...honda-hovercar/

Sorry didnt hv u'r details

#10 Guest_Lilith_*

Guest_Lilith_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:31 AM

:whoo: awsome! but what do you mean by "personal project" ? and did you actually design the outfits for the humans as well and how long this all took you ? :)

#11 Guest_john-john_*

Guest_john-john_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:42 AM

:whoo: awsome! but what do you mean by "personal project" ? and did you actually design the outfits for the humans as well and how long this all took you ? :)

Hy lilith,

I've made this concept as a teaser to work for honda. It took me a small month.

The characters come from poser and i 'me made some modif on 3DS

#12 Guest_john-john_*

Guest_john-john_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:46 AM

Hope you like this:
http://www.yankodesi...honda-hovercar/

Sorry didnt hv u'r details

No problem thank you for the cover. All the detail are on my website.

john

#13 Guest_Skint_*

Guest_Skint_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:33 AM

Really .. Really cool ! Great innovation.

#14 Guest_w i l l_*

Guest_w i l l_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:37 PM

Interesting fan/vents.

#15 Guest_MBW17_*

Guest_MBW17_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:23 PM

good work

Here are some quick sketches made before the modelisation :

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

man these are sweet! thanks for posting these up, really like the clean-ness to them!

also your website is so sweet! one of the best i've seen, great stuff!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors: