Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Loulabelle

Product Design Student Folio

Guest Loulabelle

Hey everyone!

This is my first portfolio that I have put together that features the main design projects I have completed. I am a 3rd year MEng Product Design Engineering student, and any feedback, likes or dislikes, would be greatly appreciated :)

http://www.coroflot.com/louisecochrane

Thanks!

Guest rtdesign

I have to agree with sketchyd. You might want to practice some more. Also, visit the http://www.idsketching.com/ for some great tutorials on sketching. Like anything else in life, practice makes perfect.

Also, you might want to have a more fluid lines. I've noticed many designers try to draw perfect sketches, and they tend to draw small lines and use eraser a lot. Some of those videos you'll see that Spencer uses a pen and never erase.

Hope this was helpful.

Nice projects..:)

Reza

Guest Loulabelle

Thanks for the feedback! Sketching is definately an area I need to work on, I agree. Because I upped the contrast and brightness of my ideation sketches, the lighter pen strokes were made invisible! I guess I need to just find the style of drawing that's most comfortable for me :)

Guest Loulabelle

Any more feedback from people? It would be greatly appreciated, because the summer is the time when I am able to work on my own thing :)

Guest RCParry

For me, the concepts seem good and it's nice to see the process you went through, but a few clean presentation pages of each finished concept done using creative suite would help lots. Maybe showing some 3/4 CAD views, modes of use, an idea of scale etc.. I'd like to see more about the lantern and ball launcher too, so that the bench project doesn't distract from them as much.

Guest Loulabelle
For me, the concepts seem good and it's nice to see the process you went through, but a few clean presentation pages of each finished concept done using creative suite would help lots. Maybe showing some 3/4 CAD views, modes of use, an idea of scale etc.. I'd like to see more about the lantern and ball launcher too, so that the bench project doesn't distract from them as much.

Thanks for the comment :) I'm going to work on doing some CAD views of my street furniture project, and have some shots of it in position somewhere "real". That was my main design project this year; the lantern and launcher were comparatively very small projects. For the purpose of my folio though, I might jazz them up a bit. I'll take your comments on board. Thanks again!