Product Design Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NelsonDesign

Need Some Help

Guest NelsonDesign

Newer Stuff

-Volkswagen Beetle (I know I spelt it wrong on the sheet)

-Random Sketch I liked

-Ford

Comments and critique is always good ;)

post-30452-1254199302.jpg

post-30452-1254199317.jpg

post-30452-1254199325.jpg

Guest navnath

'NelsonDesign' apart from cars can you show us sketches of some other shapes such as consumer products,trucks,trains etc.

Guest NelsonDesign
'NelsonDesign' apart from cars can you show us sketches of some other shapes such as consumer products,trucks,trains etc.

I'll definintely try to get some sketches of that stuff in for you ;)

Guest Taro

I think maybe you could identify thickness and darkness a little bit more on those sketches.

Guest NelsonDesign
I think maybe you could identify thickness and darkness a little bit more on those sketches.

Yep, totally agree with you Taro :specool:

Guest bdesigns

just a quick comment, correct me if im wrong, are u using bleedproof paper on those marker renderings? If not, get someeeeeeee.. never use marker on normal paper. :blink:

Another quick comment, you beetle picture, the blue car..pump out the further wheel, always exaggerate it. That way u ground the vehicle more. :)

Guest NelsonDesign
just a quick comment, correct me if im wrong, are u using bleedproof paper on those marker renderings? If not, get someeeeeeee.. never use marker on normal paper. :blink:

Another quick comment, you beetle picture, the blue car..pump out the further wheel, always exaggerate it. That way u ground the vehicle more. :)

Hehe, whoops! nope, I'm not using bleed proof paper, I guess you could tell that by the bleeding? :)

I will try and get some.

By the Beetle, you're talking about the width from the "window area" to the side right? I think I see what you mean.

Thanks a lot!

Guest NelsonDesign

Well, here's a shoe lol. I kinda thought it looked cool.

Also have some exploratory sketches of a Porsche I'm working on.

post-30452-1257139628.jpg

post-30452-1257139756.jpg

Guest NelsonDesign

Hey guys, here's some recent stuff. Thinking about a Volvo...

I also had some sketches for a new Mercedes R-Class

post-30452-1259468481.jpg

post-30452-1259468521.jpg

Guest Kaiyuan

Your cars are "leaning over." In some of the side views, your ellipses aren't perpendicular to the ground, and affects the rest of the car.

Guest Taro

in some of the 'sketches', you could probably push it a little bit more interms of details. Like drawing the actual wheel.

I don't really think you need to do THAT much to do that anyways right? because right now, the design of your rim/wheel is like, taking up the whole space so it doesn't make much sense that way.

It is like one of those sketches you look at and think that is very good, but later on, you kind of point out parts that doesn't make sense.

Guest NelsonDesign
Your cars are "leaning over." In some of the side views, your ellipses aren't perpendicular to the ground, and affects the rest of the car.

I think I know what you're saying, but could you maybe show me a little in detail?

in some of the 'sketches', you could probably push it a little bit more interms of details. Like drawing the actual wheel.

I don't really think you need to do THAT much to do that anyways right? because right now, the design of your rim/wheel is like, taking up the whole space so it doesn't make much sense that way.

It is like one of those sketches you look at and think that is very good, but later on, you kind of point out parts that doesn't make sense.

Will do in the future!

Guest Kaiyuan

Here, I did some lines in photoshop to point out the leaning problem.

post-24002-1259634957.jpg

The red lines are the ones showing where your cars' ellipses are sort of "leaning over"

Green line shows it in perspective with the axle.

The thinnest part of the ellipse should be 90º to the axle of the wheels.

I noticed your lineweight is pretty decent, though.

And +1 on Taro's comment. Even though they're just sketches, detail will help a lot.

Guest NelsonDesign

Thanks so much for the help Kaiyuan! I'm sorry I didn't respond quicker. It really helps.

Here is a sketch of an Abarth lightweight sports car I did...

post-30452-1264731997.jpg

Guest NelsonDesign

HEre are some fuzzy sketches for a contest on Speedanddesign.net, involving a remake of a Brazilian market car (either Ford Corcel, VW Brasilia, or VW SP2). This is the Corcel, but I am still not sure which model I will pick.

I feel I'm getting a bit more creative and actually thinking about how the forms are going to work on the design. Not sure I like these pens though...

post-30452-1267237708.jpg