Product Design Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NelsonDesign

Need Some Help

Guest NelsonDesign

Hey! lol. nice name here

Any suggestions on the work?

Guest NelsonDesign

A jaguar sketch, not my best, but I like some of the design features, basically an XF.

post-30452-1241576493.jpg

Guest AutomóvilVerde

the jag could look a bit more like the xf. right now most of your cars look very similar. the xf has a more boxy grill, the bump in the hoop doesn't start at a point,and the overall proportions aren't quite right.

but I like your attempt on the headlights, which i think are really ugly (on the original, not yours). and the wheel is really good.

Guest Gringoire

What can I say... checkout on google : basic of car sketching.... or car sketching... and you'll find numerous sites which have some vids that can help you find out some of basic car sketching... You really need to learn perspective... Two words... remember them: EXPLORE and PRACTICE... the best way to explore this thing is throughout the internet... and practice what you learn from exploring... if you're not taking design classes...

Guest NelsonDesign

Is the perspective on the Jaguar that bad? Where is it off? Sometimes it's easy to see bad perspective on other designer's work but not your own.

Thanks for the comments guys

Guest NelsonDesign
the jag could look a bit more like the xf. right now most of your cars look very similar. the xf has a more boxy grill, the bump in the hoop doesn't start at a point,and the overall proportions aren't quite right.

but I like your attempt on the headlights, which i think are really ugly (on the original, not yours). and the wheel is really good.

Just clarifying, this isn't an XF, it's a new Jaguar sedan. I switched the grill around to make it more jaggish

Guest NelsonDesign

Thanks for the help Gringoire.

I get all of the things now except the "how can you do such a thing?" part, can you explain it?

Guest Gringoire

the far angle is bigger than the close one... which is wrong...

Guest Lilith
Here's my answer... try to think about it for a while...

Gringoire, pardon me, this might seem to be none of my business, but look at the image you have posted once more, do you like it? it is the most awful "educational" layout i have ever seen, plus you cant just run on top of one's work with a horrible lines and disasterous types, it is simple not ethical

Nelson, keep posting and good luck

Guest Gringoire

Gringoire, pardon me, this might seem to be none of my business, but look at the image you have posted once more, do you like it? it is the most awful "educational" layout i have ever seen, plus you cant just run on top of one's work with a horrible lines and disasterous types, it is simple not ethical

I'm left handed... my writing is awful but I don't think I went wrong on explaining this or that... and from what I've seen so far... I'm the one that's helping him...

Guest Taro

I agree that maybe the layout and neatness could be greatly improved. However, Gringoire did point out his mistakes, so that is the most important part.

Guest NelsonDesign

Based on the old Facel Vega brand.

I tried to fix most of the things, but the perspective on the front is still bad.

post-30452-1241840983.jpg