Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eamon

Eamon Croghan Online Portfolio....

Guest Eamon

Hi, I recently created an online portfolio and would like some feedback, one thing i am working on is putting up more sketch work and development also I'm not too sure about my "about" section so that should be updated within the next couple of days. All criticism welcome good or bad!

www.eamoncroghan.co.uk

Cheers

Eamon.

Guest newt @ MWE

hey eamon

overall, its a nice clean layout. i really like the way the work is displayed in the works sections. Its very intuitive.

A couple things you may want to consider,

In the work images, the text is un-readable and looks a little lazy or sloppy. I would re-size the image files used such that the text isn't pixelated. This is the same in the "about" section. It's very hard to read.

Also, you may want to keep a consistent picture size format in displaying your projects. It will look a little more professional and refined.

As you were mentioning, I would have a bit more sketch and progress work. When you are going for your first job, companies (firms) will want to see you ability to work throught the entire process. Simply showing finished projects or CAD can get you typecast.

For the about, you may want to use some imagery, wether its a pic of you or a sketch or rendering or something. Again, all in all, nice work. A little refining and I think you'll have a really nice portfolio.

newt

Guest Eamon

Thanks for the advice newt, I've made some big changes (hopefully for the better) and would appreciate some more feedback please!. still have a few more bits to add and refine but overall i think its an improvement over the last version.

thanks

www.eamoncroghan.co.uk

Guest Siona

Hey, I like it! A little skateboard-heavy but I'm only saying that because I'm not into skateboarding :blush:

The work itself is very impressive and the site is nicely done. Some of the pictures took a while to load, but that might be IE (I don't have the flash plugin for chrome at work)

:thumbsup:

Guest Eamon

thanks for the reply! i was worried about that, most of the work i've done outside uni has been skateboard related, I'm currently working on some stuff that should hopefully balance it out a bit.

thanks.

Guest Buff

Nice crisp clean site.

I like that you show your thinking goes beyond a pretty plastic shell for some other guy to try fit all the working bits in and get out of a mould without breaking the bank, though for me you cold do even more to demonstreat your understanding goes farther than form and even function.

I would say compared to all the portfolios I get, I would probably call you in for an interview, but I'd still like to see more evidence that you realise someone's gonna have to make those things and turn a profit

Guest Eamon

Thanks very much for the feedback Buff, I will make another update within the next couple of days. In your opinion how much of the design process should i show in my portfolio?

Thanks for your time!

Eamon

Guest Eamon

I've made a few minor changes to my website in the past few days, and would appreciate a bit more feedback if possible.

Cheers!