Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest csven

Twitter

Guest csven

I've added another industrial design tag: #IDComp - for tagging industrial design relevant competitions or discussions concerned them. If you search twitter for it now, you'll find my post with a link to a new and interesting competition (specifically its rules, which are, in my opinion, especially bad).

Guest csven

Added another tag:

#IDQuo is a new tag for those soliciting industrial design quotes. Ideally it'd accompany a link to an RFP.

Hopefully design managers will adopt it so freelancers/students get an opportunity to submit proposals for projects they'd otherwise not be aware of.

Guest bagaudae

I still have a doubt related to hashtags. If i want my tweet to be seen by any one searching for it, all i have to do is include the respective hash in the message?

example:

"looking for a job #IDJobs"

Guest csven

Yes. Hashtags are used for searching. Some search tools will recognize the # so that if, say, you searched for #IDJob (singular) and saw posts with both #IDJob and #lighting or #shoes, you could then just click on those other hashtags and it'd give you returns of a search for them.

Guest csven

Updated original post to include an ongoing list of industrial design-related/specific hashtags. Feel free to suggest others or to replace these existing with better options.

Guest csven

Updated hashtag list to change #IDRFP to #ID-RFP (Note: the hyphen breaks it; using #IndDesRFP now). I did this out of concern someone would grab an account named #IDRFP and turn it into a spam engine or something other less community-driven. To prevent that, I grabbed the account and will be using it to collect/retweet Requests for Proposals. Here's what I just posted on LinkedIn's Industrial Design group:

I've set up an account for something I've wanted for some time now: a central location to find Request for Proposals. There's a website for RFPs, but like most non-Industrial Design specific sites, it lumps a lot of non-ID requests in with a very few requests the people in this group would want to read.

The account is: http://twitter.com/IDRFP

I'd recently created a searchable tag using #IDRFP but it'll now be rendered unusable, thus I'll instead tag posts with #ID-RFP #IndDesRFP.

To get your company's RFP listed, you'll need a Twitter account. All you need to do is respond to @IDRFP and I'll see your post; preferably with a link or contact info. I'll then re-post (aka "retweet") what you've sent to me with the tag (whether or not you include it, but be sure to leave me enough characters for it).

I'm unsure at this point how I'll filter out people who are creating fake RFP's just to collect information from other firms or just screw with people. An included link to a corporate website would be the easiest way but I know that can be a huge issue for some of you. LinkedIn messages might be another option and since I allow messages from other group members it shouldn't be too much trouble to get them posted.

Anyway, I'm hoping this is of use to everyone. Suggestions welcome.

Guest Buff

Sven, that is a really cool initiative.

Very noble of you to share this with the ID comunity at large.

If I can assist you, please feel free to ask for my help. I would be more than happy to do whatever you direct me, assuming of course I can

Guest csven

Just getting the word out is enough. Companies can use the tag and people can reply directly so it short-circuits any potential gatekeeping. All I'll do is encourage and collect them on that account. That alone is a huge benefit to me.