Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest davo23

Online Folio

Guest davo23

Hey, just a few pieces of work online, it's in some sort of order but not perfect. Please take a look and comment on anything should you see fit, would appreciate feedback to progress!

please go to www.coroflot.com/davo23 and check it out.

Cheers

Dave

Guest AdamMichell

Nice work.

Lots of good things, your drawing is really nice. Its easy to see that you have some skills.

Some of your layouts are intense and crammed with to much stuff making it hard on the eye.

The sheets with less on really stand out. I'd like to see a project from start to finish also, showing a story of your thinking.

Guest davo23

Thanks Adam,

Yeah i can see what you are saying. I suppose what i was trying to create was a buzzing hive of creativity feeling within my work, to demonstrate that i literally have ideas just pouring straight onto the page, what i probably need to do is curb this a little in order to give it more underlying structure and clarity. It is sometimes difficult to find the balance between showing all my ideas in a short burst, but giving enough away to tell a whole story for each project, especially as you don't want to drag anything out too much...

Guest AdamMichell
Thanks Adam,

Yeah i can see what you are saying. I suppose what i was trying to create was a buzzing hive of creativity feeling within my work, to demonstrate that i literally have ideas just pouring straight onto the page, what i probably need to do is curb this a little in order to give it more underlying structure and clarity. It is sometimes difficult to find the balance between showing all my ideas in a short burst, but giving enough away to tell a whole story for each project, especially as you don't want to drag anything out too much...

I really like that idea, maybe a bit of both then.

Might try and do the same to mine, at the moment my portfolio seems a bit boring...

Take a look if you dont mind, I've only just done it myself and its a work in progress.

Guest xonegon

I'm impressed by your drawing skills ,

as adam says, it's a lot of good stuff on a page,

maybe it'll be better if you focussed in subdivisions rather than putting it all in footwear or transport.

Guest davo23
Thanks Adam,

I really like that idea, maybe a bit of both then.

Might try and do the same to mine, at the moment my portfolio seems a bit boring...

Take a look if you dont mind, I've only just done it myself and its a work in progress.

Hey Adam,

Here are some notes I made whilst looking through your folio, hope it helps.

Shark

Like the simple, clean layout, Font too small, Final design render could do with more oomph more contrast in highlights and lowlights perhaps darker drop shadow for background.

Urinal PP

Fun name, Interesting and individual project idea, Again font too small.

‘Define’ page sketches could do with more definition, the background washes some of the sketches out (particularly left hand side)

‘Waterless insert’ page has some nice diagrams and sketches, although some of the lines are a tad wayward (bottom left diagram)

‘Digital renderings’ are your strongest pieces, although it isn’t clear which program you used or whether they are your actual designs or just illustrations.

cheers

Dave