Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest gabbrielli

Import Pro/e Files In Maxwell

Guest gabbrielli

Hi everybody

I did same test with maxwell and I discover that is grate, until now everything looks good, but I’ve got a problem.

I work with pro/e and the best way to export in Maxwell should be STL , but the result is not very good (with the minimum chord and angle), and in Pro/e during the concept design the surfaces are open and is not possible to generate STL.

Solid works has Maxwell like plugin, what is the best way to export pro/e files in Maxwell ?

Ciao

Francesco

Italy

Guest lufbrasketch

You might need to think about fixing your surfaces so they form a closed object, that is a priority.

It is never good having open surfaces anyway.

Once that is done you can export youre entire assembly as a single wavefront (OBJ) file. Use 0 as chord and 1 as angle control.

Importing this single OBJ file of your Pro E assembly imports all your assembly files in one go.

This means you don't need to export each part as a STL seperately, resulting in 20 odd parts.

You might have to adjust the smoothing though but for me it has been good.

Guest gabbrielli
You might need to think about fixing your surfaces so they form a closed object, that is a priority.

It is never good having open surfaces anyway.

Once that is done you can export youre entire assembly as a single wavefront (OBJ) file. Use 0 as chord and 1 as angle control.

Importing this single OBJ file of your Pro E assembly imports all your assembly files in one go.

This means you don't need to export each part as a STL seperately, resulting in 20 odd parts.

You might have to adjust the smoothing though but for me it has been good.

Thanks!

Francesco

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.