Import Pro/e Files In Maxwell

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_gabbrielli_*

Guest_gabbrielli_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:56 AM

Hi everybody

I did same test with maxwell and I discover that is grate, until now everything looks good, but Iíve got a problem.

I work with pro/e and the best way to export in Maxwell should be STL , but the result is not very good (with the minimum chord and angle), and in Pro/e during the concept design the surfaces are open and is not possible to generate STL.

Solid works has Maxwell like plugin, what is the best way to export pro/e files in Maxwell ?

Ciao

Francesco

Italy

#2 Guest_lufbrasketch_*

Guest_lufbrasketch_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:12 PM

You might need to think about fixing your surfaces so they form a closed object, that is a priority.
It is never good having open surfaces anyway.

Once that is done you can export youre entire assembly as a single wavefront (OBJ) file. Use 0 as chord and 1 as angle control.
Importing this single OBJ file of your Pro E assembly imports all your assembly files in one go.
This means you don't need to export each part as a STL seperately, resulting in 20 odd parts.

You might have to adjust the smoothing though but for me it has been good.

#3 Guest_gabbrielli_*

Guest_gabbrielli_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:09 AM

You might need to think about fixing your surfaces so they form a closed object, that is a priority.
It is never good having open surfaces anyway.

Once that is done you can export youre entire assembly as a single wavefront (OBJ) file. Use 0 as chord and 1 as angle control.
Importing this single OBJ file of your Pro E assembly imports all your assembly files in one go.
This means you don't need to export each part as a STL seperately, resulting in 20 odd parts.

You might have to adjust the smoothing though but for me it has been good.

Thanks!

Francesco

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors: