Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JulianF

Illustrator Cs4 Or Adobe Design Premium Cs4?

Guest JulianF

Hey Guys,

This post is from a newbie so please be kind!

I am planning to buy a new laptop for my daughter. She is an aspiring graphics designer and at present she is attending classes for the same. I also want to install graphics software in that laptop.

While doing my bit of research I came across two software, one is illustrator CS4 http://www.checkoutsoftware.com/adobe/adob...s4-win_p4811and other one is adobe design premium CS4 http://www.checkoutsoftware.com/adobe/adob...emium-win_p4843 which includes illustrator CS4 with many other tools.

I am really bewildered as to which software should I go for. Guys please help me picking the right software. Price is not a concern but all I want is correct software.

Any help would be treasured. Thanks.

All the other software in the design premium, such as Photoshop and InDesign are very useful to designers, probably essential for graphic designers. So if money is not an issue - get the whole pack, you won't feel the you wasted money on stuff she'll never use.

Guest Skint

julian, the whole creative suite by adobe is a very powerful piece of kit indeed, industry leader for many years. There is much more that your whole family can do with photoshop not just as an initial outlay for your daughters studying. She will certainly benefit from all of those additional packages and the whole bundle will pay for itself over time. I have the complete suite with photoshop/illustrator/in design etc also and even though I only intended to buy illustrator, I now use all of them daily.

Good luck and I wish your daughter all the best !