Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
scorpio.tn1

Scorpio.tn1 Portfolio

Guest bazo

Great layout!

i really like the design of your portfolio it makes your work stand out and is clearly displayed.

1- Get rid of the bike theft device and car side rendering in the 1st 2 pages.

i dont even know why its there, it doesnt match.

it shouldnt be there on those intro pages.

2- Your pdf is TOO SMALL, font is too small, layout is too small.

No one is gonna want to strain there eyes or press zoom in to look at your stuff.

You need to always try to make the experience for viewers as easy and as comfortable as possible in the simplest way.

3- holy shhhhhhhhh, get rid of those shurikens from the portfolio page, and the portfolio in general!

4- why are there two coin sorters in your portfolio? choose one design and show the final for that. or make it easier for the viewer to understand why theres two.

5- the book idea is cool, the execution is bad.

there is no organization of sketches or layout for that matter.

6- graphic design 'pollution' how much of that is original.

It seems like you got an existing picture and overlayed a few elements to make it 'yours'

The reason i ask is.

It makes me, the viewer hard to believe that that is 100% your original work.

BECAUSE the portfolio is rather amateurish.

7- the self portrait is rather good.

Heres my overall thoughts, all the ID stuff didnt impress me.

However starting from the self portrait and photography it was much more interesting.

Your ID sketching skills are very weak, i think you need to work on it alot.

I can help you on your sketching if youd like.

I apologize for a rather harsh crit, but dont give up and keep working on it.

Your ID sketching skills are very weak, i think you need to work on it alot.

I can help you on your sketching if youd like.

I apologize for a rather harsh crit, but dont give up and keep working on it.

Harsher the better ! .. as long as its constructive.

Im not gona pass down an offer for help, i would be greatfull.

Tips on sketching and improving would be great thanks and theres not a chance im giving up, ive worked my way through 3 years of Universtiy with a placement and a final year to go and so far ive been scoring High 60's / 70's in my subjects. tutors all like my style of Sketch work and feel its really strong, odd how you dont like it but thats your opinion and i like to hear it. (how else can i improve)

some of that work in the portfolio is at least 4years old from my Foundation Degree couse.

it was my first Digital portfolio and it prob hasnt been constructed properley.

look any help you can give so i can improve will be really helpfull cause i would like to move into the product design area, its what i want to focus on in a carrer every aspect of it i love from idea, sketch, concept, render, modeling, production.

thank you for taking the time to leave feedback.

Guest Taro

first of all, I really like your format, it's pretty cool.

sorry if I miss this somewhere, but what is the purpose of creating this portfolio? Is this for further studying, or maybe looking for a job?

Because right now, it really looks like you want to go for more school after you grad, and that is because you have all kinds of stuff in your portfolio. It is REALLY hard for me to identify what you are looking for. If you were looking for a job as a Product Designer, I doubt they would care that much about your life drawings, photography, etc etc, STRENGTHEN what ever you are going for first.

I also agree with sketchyd, you sketching skill is weak right now.

To put it in a harsh way, your drawings right now are a bit distracting. All I did was comparing the pages with drawings to the pages without drawings, I find that the pages without drawings are much more pleasure to look at.

You said you are almost graduating right? I think if you really want to improve to a good level before you graduate, you will need to work super super hard on the basics that you lack.

Things that I might suggest to do:

-look at professional portfolios/designs. Check out how they draw, and compare it with what you draw.

-try drawing at a more dynamic and exciting view point.

-try some straight lines, geo shapes, practice your line weight.

-your design projects are way too short to be a 'real' project, unless you are hiding some. Refine more, go step by step.

-use call outs more, otherwise it may be hard to people to understand how your product works.

-------------------------------------

I'll stop for now, good luck improving! I believe you can do it.

ps. no offense, but some of your sketching 'style' that you mentioned seems a little bit childish.

:worried:

Really .. that bad huh ?!

il just keep uploading work to my Sketchs topic for you guys to review and look at.

id be greatfull of the comments. only way to improve is if someone tells you you Suck. makes you wana go out and prove them wrong which in return ups your game.

ive come this far through life and Uni and im still IMO young in the game. im only 22. and have 2 more years at Uni.

i cant wait to secure a placement becuase it will be a big insight to a carrer after Uni, and will learn so much.

like i said ive completed 3 years of Uni with 2 more to go. and now being £20,000 in debt im not giving up and throwing in the towel. Nothing will stop me geting into Product desing / Industrial Design cause im willing to work to get where i wana go.

Guest Taro

nice passion with your own choice.

2 years is a long time, as long as you are willing to work hard.. you could improve withing months.