Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest lincoln

[wip] Solidworks Car: Audi R8

Guest lovedesign

just wanted to say the R8 on solidworks looks great. you must be a pro. just a quick question did you render the R8 in solidworks or did you use other program??? i use solidworks but not as good as you, you make this look very simple. how long have you been working with CAD?

keep up the wicked work.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Guest lincoln
Hi everyone,

This looks really amazing, I was wandering if someone could upload these parts an assambly's I would love to see more of this solid works car.

Hi gb, I'm planning to do some kind of tutorial on it!

just wanted to say the R8 on solidworks looks great. you must be a pro. just a quick question did you render the R8 in solidworks or did you use other program??? i use solidworks but not as good as you, you make this look very simple. how long have you been working with CAD?

keep up the wicked work.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi lovedesign,

I didn't use any program to render the car. This is the current view that I see while working on the R8. Basically, all you have to do is to add Photoworks appearances to each part of the car and you need to tell SW to use the PhotoWorks appearances. I've dimmed the ambient light a little bit, closed directional lights and this is the result.

I'm working with SW for a couple of years now, I think it's a great piece of software and you can use it to model everything you want. Working with surfaces is probably the funniest thing to do with SW, so Start Today! :)

Guest kico

This's just in,i used bunkspeed Hypershot to render my SW model ! It's ok but i can't manage the areas i want to fill with certain materials !

And then i hv my model renderd in SW09,still feel good using SW than other software !

post-11634-1243503952.jpg

post-11634-1243503999.jpg

post-11634-1243504023.jpg

post-11634-1243504049.jpg

post-11634-1243504258.jpg

post-11634-1243504345.jpg

post-11634-1243504696.jpg

Guest designerxyz

yes, lincoln audi r8 finish part share please. ..take care ..:)

Guest retrospec
tutorial please

I'm working on it Retrospec. :)

awesome, thanks man, can't wait

Guest henry81
tutorial please

I'm working on it Retrospec. :D

i appreciate your work !

i would like to know how you did that rim ?

revolve & cut or something new ?

can you share that file ?

regards

henry

Guest darmon

Hi. I'm new to Solidworks and i like your r8 project very much.I study Industrial design and we started working in Solidworks so could you please make tutorial so i can learn some of your techniques?

Guest designerxyz

hi lincoln;

when are you share original video tutorial? free or pay ; I dont know anything this video,