Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest lincoln

[wip] Solidworks Car: Audi R8

Guest lincoln

I've started the project modeling a car with SolidWorks 2 weeks ago. I've decided to choose the Audi R8.

Feel free to post any comments!

Guest lincoln

Thanks for the link but I don't really need it. I have a diecast of the car + a ton of photos from websites smile.gif

Guest 3dmodeller

Good attempt at the old R8. I`ve been using solidworks for years now, and the sufacing has got better over those years, still long way to go before it reaches Alias.

I would say one thing, and that is there are certain areas on the model of the bonet/front of the R8 model, that seem to have questionable surface detail. You might want to have a look in these areas (marked red on the image).

Cheers

Dave

post-23508-1237280443.jpg

Guest lincoln
Good attempt at the old R8. I`ve been using solidworks for years now, and the sufacing has got better over those years, still long way to go before it reaches Alias.

I would say one thing, and that is there are certain areas on the model of the bonet/front of the R8 model, that seem to have questionable surface detail. You might want to have a look in these areas (marked red on the image).

Cheers

Dave

I've already corrected some of the surface details that you were talking about. I will post pictures soon! Thanks for the comment Dave.

I've worked a little bit on the tire, I don't think it's necessary to go too fancy. I will add a decal on the wall when I will render it later.

tire3.jpg

tire4.jpg

Guest Siona

Wow, I'm loving seeing it step-by-step - can't wait to see it finished! Are you going to do much of the interior?

I *love* the R8^^

Guest lincoln
Wow, I'm loving seeing it step-by-step - can't wait to see it finished! Are you going to do much of the interior?

I *love* the R8^^

Hi Siona,

The interior will be basic. I think I will model only the big parts: Seats, a simplified dashboard and the steering wheel.

I can't wait to see it finished too!!

:)

Lincoln.

Guest designerxyz

hi lincoln,

audi r8 finished??? sw modeling part file sharing? very good workss

Guest lincoln

Here we go again. I've found a way to add details to the wall of the tire.

tire7.jpg

Guest lincoln

It's time for an update! I've been focusing on other things lately but I've decided to put some work on the Audi R8 today.

I've done some work on the back of the car. :)

backcar1.jpg

backcar6.jpg