Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
advancedboy

[merged]nex Gen Cadillac 4 -door Hatch Concept ( Cts-x)

Yeah, I think first and foremost you need perspective work. Being able to draw boxes, elipses, and cylinders in perspective is key especially for anything automotive. That's all craft.

Your design, seems like it might be a better fit as a movie prop as a futuristic mode of transport. Right now there's way too much going on. You've sacrificed quality for quantity. Take a look at simkom.com and look at their drawings.

This is a medium size coupe for Buick Division . Don`t be too critical as this is a sketch for practicing:)) Should have been built on next generation zeta platform.

post-28725-1235914095.jpg

Guest Plastizitaet

i don't want to offend you, but did you use ms paint for that? oO

Guest JOYRIDE

could you please stop with the liquefy images? It is extremely obvious to see what you did. Also, if you want practice, start sketching rather than photoshop someone else's design.

Guest Kaiyuan

"Don`t be too critical as this is a sketch for practicing"

Minus ten points.

Don't be afraid of criticism. If you only want to hear goody goody comments, then you'll never improve.

Sketch with pen and paper more. That is one of the easiest and fastest ways to imrpoving. Photoshop can come later.

I am not particularly interested in designing blur sort-of sexy cars, that usually show up as sleek globs with oversized wheels and diminished windows and overstretched hoods. I am trying to make cars that can be really made with logical door lines, proportions and symmetry.And if you are more concerned if that freakin picture was made on photoshop or whatever, I don`t care. You can make a drawing on a napkin or with a lipstick, just show me your innovative ideas and sense of aesthetic symmetry. Do you have any constructive concerning any detail or part of the car? If not..................then keep your negations to yourself.

The thickness of hood is comparable to the thickness of rear fender. The distance betwwen the highest point of front wheel arch is comparable to the distance betwwen rear wheel arch and upper slope on the frear fender.

Guest Plastizitaet

seriously, from this angle no one can imagine what that car would actually look like.

if you could show us the front and the rear and whatsoever it'd be a lot easier.

Guest Kaiyuan

Well Sorry if I somehow offended you in some sort of way. I didn't mean to start a flame-fest with my words.

All I was giving was some advice through my eyes..

Designing is not limited to blobs and oversized wheels and low greenhouses that you cannot see through. You can also sketch a proportional, symmetrical design. I all depends on what your intent is; But if you want to stay with Photoshop, then ok, do what you want, you're entitled to it.

Regarding the car: It seems the base of the car is at an angle where the front should be slightly showing, but the front fender only seems like a side view. A small peak of the other side of the grille should be visible.

The C-Pillar is very large, which may result in a large blindspot. If there could be a wrap around window or just a less thick C-Pillar then it would work out.

A small agile car from Pontiac. Should be built on a an all-new Gm platform, designed in-house, not a german spun-off. :))

post-28725-1235941884.jpg

Uhm, there is no c-pillar at all, It is b-pillar. And it is no more massive than on Dodge Viper. I guess, as this is supposedly a concept anyway, you should give me a `poetry pass`:)

Guest qitnic

Exercice:

Q1. There is preschool, kindergarten, elementary school, middle school, senior high school, college, university and graduate school. Why doesn't children go directly to college?

Q2. There is a bunch of theories in sketch techniques. Why not skip the fundamentals of perspective?

Q3. Connection between Q1 and Q2?