Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest kekata

X-one Chair

Guest kekata

X-one chair

Basic line chair, the focus is on the back legs - x-shaped.

Layer-glued veneer for the seat, with polyurethane paint, and 11 mm. wire for the frame.

Hope you like it

C&C are welcomed :) as always

post-1581-1235040108.jpg

post-1581-1235040125.jpg

post-1581-1235424844.jpg

it seems a little weak to sit. and how does sitting surface join with front structure ?

on the other hand, rendering is quite realistic. would you share your backround scene with me ? or send a wireframe printscreen and rendering settings ?

Guest Skint

I like the sleek and minimalistic look, although this may give the perception that it is a little weak. I would sit on it slowly before plonking my 15 stone onto it :)

Guest kekata

:) i agree that it looks weak, but, believe me - it is not. The wooden part (it can be plastic as well) is 8 mm, and the wire is 11 mm - it can handle 15 stones easily :P

About the joints - if you take a look at the chair carefully, you will see few small bolts, going through discs, welded to the wire... there is 8 nuts in the wood - 6 mm, and the bolts connecting the metal and the wooden parts with them.

I will share the scene - no probs ;) the background is ust HDRI, and one flat bended sheet. One light in the scene

kekata, i think this chair wants a prototype and to be stackable.

could you send me your scene except the chair my e-mail adress (elmagnifico23@hotmail.com). i will be appreciated.

Guest kekata

sent!

It really needs prototype, it will be done. Stackable - it is, but when is disassembled. Will post some pictures for example

Guest AutomóvilVerde

How exactly does this assemble/disassemble, and how long would it take? and is it easy?

but I like the look, and how it looks like one continuous wire...

Guest AutomóvilVerde

5 mins for each chair is a lot, imagine if you're having a party and putting out these chairs. say you have about 10 chairs, that would take 50 mins just to put out the chairs...

If there was someway to reduce the number of bolts, one so that it's faster and 2 so that the user has less places to mess up...

Guest kekata

In general - you're right.

If you disassemble them every time - it's a lot.

But, i think they worth disassembling only to transport them, not while at home.

Can't reduce the number of bolts - the seat is part of the construction it keeps the chair stable.

Guest AutomóvilVerde

oh... well I guess just for transportation that's ok, it's like ikea packaging...

Guest allen

rendering is clean and fresh,but the shap of hole on the chair is too sharp,more soft feeling is needed.

Guest kekata

yep, agreed!

But this design is only to illustrate that it can be not only solid, but with anything as pattern.