* * * * - 3 votes

Some Of My Sketches

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#61 Guest_Lilith_*

Guest_Lilith_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:18 AM

:whoo: you rock! your sketches are totaly wonderful and although i am not a big fan of car sketches, but your use of color! and the variety of your lines and the tactile shapes are so admirable! this is very inspiring and thanks for sharing, and of course! post more :

#62 eobet

eobet

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:36 AM

I said to go further with the renault concept. This is what came up:

You're a bit uneven still. Some sketches are absolutely wonderful, and some are just "meh".

I've attached an image that particularly had me curious:

At first, I thought you were using a low-poly 3D model as underlay, because you made the same mistake in several different angles. But then I saw the angular edges and thought, "@#$@#$ he must be using the polygonal lasso tool"!

I'm still not 100% sure which technique you're using (though I'm betting it's the lasso), but if it is the first, it would be very interesting to see the 3D mock-up, and if it is the second one... please, please, please switch to the path tool instead. :D

The mistake, btw, is that the curvature in the C-pillar pinches together at one point close to the bod:

Attached Files

#63 Guest_DietDope_*

Guest_DietDope_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:42 AM

nah , path tool vs polygonal lasso ?

just make a few more iterations with the polygonal lasso and everythings fine IMO - if you consider these works being sketches thats accurate enough .

i'm with eobet, tho , if you want to make a final full detail rendering

regards, max

#64 Guest_Tudoran Liviu_*

Guest_Tudoran Liviu_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:28 PM

Hey! Thank you for all your replies...a good feedback as usual :)
It's been a while so I'll update some new works...working alot for school with markers and traditional techniques...that maybe I will upload once that I will scan them...Until then some photoshop sketches/renders...and the rest of my work you an find also at carbonmade portfolio and Blog. Thank you!

Attached Files

#65 Guest_Tudoran Liviu_*

Guest_Tudoran Liviu_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:35 PM

some more...

Attached Files

#66 Guest_Tudoran Liviu_*

Guest_Tudoran Liviu_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:49 PM

some more....

Attached Files

#67 advancedboy

advancedboy

Top Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • Interests:Cars, aviation, science, US, nature, space, etc.

Posted 19 June 2010 - 01:39 PM

nice applications of colouring, you have elegant swaying of lines. I like the front of Range Rover and the rear of Lotus, yet you wave too much, try to limit amount of lines that go bonkers, try to limit amount of agressive curvatures,. design can be compared to music, the biggest curvatures are like refrain, yet the whole song is more moderate. This is what makes the refrain and chorus enjoyable, because we look forward it.

#68 Guest_Tudoran Liviu_*

Guest_Tudoran Liviu_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2010 - 03:28 PM

Thanks for the advice advancedboy. The thing is that basically now I'm just experimenting different tehniques of rendering and brushes,etc...once I'll define a personal style I'll be able to speak more about the design itself :)
some more tests:

Attached Files

#69 advancedboy

advancedboy

Top Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • Interests:Cars, aviation, science, US, nature, space, etc.

Posted 24 June 2010 - 08:43 AM

You`re welcome. Maybe we could some time later join forces, and design something;) Anyway, have you ever seen Sarah Brightman sing? When she sings, the whole crowd holds the breath before she sings refrain, because she radiates such a peace, yet in a melody she explodes and curves and bends the notes. Good design is about peace, it must radiate calm sedate ocean right before a storm. Good design is a mixture of milk of mother`s breast and a notch of absynthe in it;))

#70 Cyberdemon

Cyberdemon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts
  • At:Motorola Solutions

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:09 PM

While I try to keep mothers breast out of my designs your style is working nicely at communcating both the form and emotion. While talking with one of the chief designers at Ford the other day he said it best that "The auto industry is still the only place where nothing will replace the hot sketch"

Nice work.

#71 Guest_Jochempie_*

Guest_Jochempie_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2010 - 11:11 AM

Really like the sketches here! I was wondering, how do you achieve that pretty balance between soft spots and sharp lines? Is it just a matter of setting the brushes?

Greets,

Jochempie

#72 Guest_Tudoran Liviu_*

Guest_Tudoran Liviu_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2010 - 02:04 PM

While I try to keep mothers breast out of my designs your style is working nicely at communcating both the form and emotion. While talking with one of the chief designers at Ford the other day he said it best that "The auto industry is still the only place where nothing will replace the hot sketch"

Nice work.

Thanks for the nice words Cyberdemon :D

Really like the sketches here! I was wondering, how do you achieve that pretty balance between soft spots and sharp lines? Is it just a matter of setting the brushes?

Greets,

Jochempie

Well I start putting the base colours all over the sketch-a multiply layer...and after I have more or less "the base" defined I just make another normal layer and get into the details with the polygonal tool as whell...That's all...
Cheers!

#73 Guest_Nick Madsen_*

Guest_Nick Madsen_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:20 AM

Tudoran - Im usually not a fan of really colorful, crazy sketches like this (its just not my style) but I really like them. They have a great sense of energy and emotion. Even though they are really complex you pull them together well. Really like the Range Rover and Maserati. Keep it up, would love to see a time lapse of a screen capture of you doing one of these.

#74 Guest_Tudoran Liviu_*

Guest_Tudoran Liviu_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2010 - 07:05 PM

Thank you Nick! good idea with the screen captures!
Here is what I've done now since I had some free hours.

Attached Files

#75 Guest_Jochempie_*

Guest_Jochempie_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:23 AM

Greets,

Jochempie

Well I start putting the base colours all over the sketch-a multiply layer...and after I have more or less "the base" defined I just make another normal layer and get into the details with the polygonal tool as whell...That's all...
Cheers!

Thanks very much for you explaination! I'm going to try out this technique, I think I will definately learn from this. My main point is that I need to loosen up in order to make my renders look more natural, like yours do. Thanks again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors: