Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
scorpio.tn1

Scorpio.tn1 Work

Guest Taro

i like to see how the audi TT turn out, so far it looks.. nice lol

i thiink the website design is way too plain, i mean, right now I look at it, I can sorta tell what brush and tools u used to create that.

I like how you are into alot of types of art, but it doesn't really seem like you have really taken one of them seriously.

i like to see how the audi TT turn out, so far it looks.. nice lol

i thiink the website design is way too plain, i mean, right now I look at it, I can sorta tell what brush and tools u used to create that.

I like how you are into alot of types of art, but it doesn't really seem like you have really taken one of them seriously.

hay,

the website vector stuff will be animated and thats only a tiny section of it. still in early development.

ive never really made websites before and with my own website had to learn it the hardway, HTML etc that sorta thing.

learning how to create Flash websites.

to be honest i love all aspects of art. i came to uni and my course is quite broad based. Its only been recently (late last year) that i found the passion in product and Industrial design. like i said before i love every aspect from Research, sketch, concept, render, modeling right through to production. it offers to me the main aspects of art that i like, Sketching, Marker rendering, Software rendering and 3D modeling, even animation. Im also extremley intreseted in the latest technoligys & gadgets which is very usefull information in designing a cutting edge products.

any ways, you said ur intrested in how this Audi TT is gona turn out, i havnt had much time to work on it and ive never used this program before either, im more used to solid works and Cobalt.

heres a small update.

post-28200-1238009458.jpg

hay,

i did these, cause i seen others doing them. have i done them right ??

for the lines, i have gone over them 5 times per 1 line. (colume 1 and 2, and along the bottom)

and for the lines along the right hand side, 1 = 1 line, 2 = 2 lines, 3 = 3 lines etc.

post-28200-1238083597.jpg

post-28200-1238083608.jpg

I was asked by the 3rd year drama students at my Universty to Help with advice and construction of the following,

Doll Boxs.

They needed 6 Doll boxes, they were to dress up like sexy (adult style) dolls and stand in a box for 2+ hours perfectly still, moving slightly when no one was looking into a new postiotion. There was also other stuff releating to there project going on around them but i was just dealing with the Boxes.

I had to give them advice besed on my knowledge i have in Art and Design and what i think would look best.

It was tough working with 6 girls, they would often not listion to my advice even if it was for the best. they went ahead with a few things which made more work for me to fix becuase they made mistakes and cused problems.

One of the girls before i was brought on board to help, had went ahead with a Test box. she had painted it Midnight Blue, and the inside Gold. and cut the hole out with what i could only think of would have been a butter knife.

i presented a simple sketch to the group of how i thought and feel the boxes should look, that they should all be Uniform to show they came from same manufature. to use 2 tone effect to cut down on amout of paint need. to use Clear silver glitter spray to cover the box in a light mist once it was done to give a shineyness instead of Matt colours. to use Clear plastic on the cut hole. Ventilation holes and LED light source to light up the faces of the dolls etc.

Most of my better opionions and designs were not used casue the group was bitchy with themselfs (not me) and went ahead and done there own thing without my supervision etc.

post-28200-1238094816.jpg

Your line practice and boxes in the air perspective doesnt seem to be hand drawn...

If you did it on photoshop, you missed the point.

Try the same exercises again on a piece of paper with a pen.

If it was drawn by hand, take it to the next step.

Using the same exercise...

Try to draw lines that range from 2 inch, 4inch, 6in, 8in, 11in.

These lines should be drawn in one single fluid stroke, from point A to point B.

It doesnt have to be done fast.

Just make sure you are not engraving you pen into the paper.

Your line practice and boxes in the air perspective doesnt seem to be hand drawn...

If you did it on photoshop, you missed the point.

Try the same exercises again on a piece of paper with a pen.

If it was drawn by hand, take it to the next step.

Using the same exercise...

Try to draw lines that range from 2 inch, 4inch, 6in, 8in, 11in.

These lines should be drawn in one single fluid stroke, from point A to point B.

It doesnt have to be done fast.

Just make sure you are not engraving you pen into the paper.

thanks Sketchyd,

yea it Was done by hand using a Bic Crystal black pen, no ruler of course !

when i was resizing the A4 to a smaller size the only thing i edited in photoshop was that bit of colour on the perspective drawing. all circles etc all hand drawin. i will do it again on A3 this time.

Guest Taro

most of those drawings are slanted, use a ruler when you need to.

as for those line practices, don't bother numbering 1 to 8 or 10, just overlap them 7-8times for all.

most of those drawings are slanted, use a ruler when you need to.

as for those line practices, don't bother numbering 1 to 8 or 10, just overlap them 7-8times for all.

yea its odd, cause they look perfect on paper. they were done on A3 Layout pad. and scaned in using A4 scanner.

some loss of quality in my opinion and they do look slanted when scanned in. like i said its odd cause they look fine in person. perhaps its a trick of the eye, something il look out for.

lol. Its not the scanner. Most of them are slanted. If unt cant see it with your eyes. . .You can easily check this by drawing a line perfectly vertical, perpendicular and directly in the center of yous sketch.

lol. Its not the scanner. Most of them are slanted. If unt cant see it with your eyes. . .You can easily check this by drawing a line perfectly vertical, perpendicular and directly in the center of yous sketch.

Yea... or you could just turn your head to the right a bit.

now your just being lazy ...

^_^

(il make sure to watch out for this next time im sketching)

Guest Kaiyuan

If you want to check your perspective, flip the paper over and lift it up to a light so you can see through it. It helps sometimes (especially with products/cars).

About the orange cup design:

I noticed some of your ellipses/round edges are not in perspective. Remember, elliptical hierarchy. If your horizon line is above the object/cylinder, the ellipses should go thinnest to largest/fattest/more circular from top the bottom. If the horizon line is under, it's vice versa.

Hope I helped.

Why do your pictures look so distorted? And what has it to do with design? I mean these alien salt and pepper containers. Or garbage bins , whatever.

Guest Taro

or just get a few tape, and stick your sketches to the wall and observe from far, and close.

or if you want a quick way (ONLY ON THOSE LINE SKETCHES), just fold the paper in half, then you would know if your lines are straight or not.