Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
scorpio.tn1

Scorpio.tn1 Work

Your renders look pretty good. Was this a rendering exercise or a design project?

Final major design project for University.

i designed a Hibachi style table to "Help aid social interaction with family members in the kitchen"

if you go back a page theres some design boards that explains a bit about the product.

Hay,

just want to let people know, i got confirmation today that my "Final major project" - 'design a tool, appliance, or furniture to help aid social interaction between family members in kitchen'

name of product "corebachi"

it has won price in "HEIF" award. (Higher Education Inovation Funding)

Inovation Generation Awards 2009 / 2010

i will recieve cash price of £500 and also there will be support to develop the product further and be entered into further competitions like, 25K buisness award etc.

email responce i got is below...

---

The Innovation Generation Awards demonstrated a high level of innovation this year. I am delighted on behalf of the Faculty of Arts Academic Enterprise Committee to inform you that you were successful. However the panel found it difficult to agree on a single winner. The average marks from the panel for each of the top three applicants were so close and agreement could not be achieved for an overall winner. It was decided that there would be three joint winners

We will also discuss possibilities of assisting you in taking your idea forward for additional funding.

---

Good to hear got you an award to pursue it further. Here are some issues that I think you'll run into:

Where does the fire come from? No place for propane and it doesn't look like it's set up to burn wood.

Plants above flame? I'm not sure if you'll keep these alive for long.

Power source?

Hibachi dinners every night? Is there a way to adjust heat? I'm sure if I'm up for hibachi style cooking every night.

I think the idea is good but refinement is needed. Iron out the kinks and you could do very well for yourself.

Good to hear got you an award to pursue it further. Here are some issues that I think you'll run into:

Where does the fire come from? No place for propane and it doesn't look like it's set up to burn wood.

Plants above flame? I'm not sure if you'll keep these alive for long.

Power source?

Hibachi dinners every night? Is there a way to adjust heat? I'm sure if I'm up for hibachi style cooking every night.

I think the idea is good but refinement is needed. Iron out the kinks and you could do very well for yourself.

Thanks very much.

yes during the project there were a number of probelms to what you have talked about, i talked about how a may solve them in my project report and that i would address them if i were to progress the table further.

there are 4 Gas burners along with the Grill, i hoped that would solve the problem of just grill. so pots could be set on the burners etc. Buyers would need a seprate oven tho, theres alot that id love to solve, and i may get that oppertunity.

gas and electicity were to be fed up through the hollow legs, but as they are clear glass, i thought it would wreack the flow of the design. as i wanted the core to be floating etc.

anyway thank you for your comments.

Hay,

I got my Universty results today and its offical. I recieved :

"BA Design & Communication with Honors, - (Second class Upper division) (2:1)"

- - -

UK Grading layout below.

* First class honours (1st)

* Second class honours, divided into:

o Upper division, or upper second (2:1)

o Lower division, or lower second (2:2)

* Third class honours (3rd)

Guest Snelwagen
Hay,

I got my Universty results today and its offical. I recieved :

"BA Design & Communication with Honors, - (Second class Upper division) (2:1)"

- - -

UK Grading layout below.

* First class honours (1st)

* Second class honours, divided into:

o Upper division, or upper second (2:1)

o Lower division, or lower second (2:2)

* Third class honours (3rd)

Congratz!

You ve really got some awesome and diverse work :)

not trying to be rude but I don't really care what grades you got. I just want to see cool projects.

congrats on your graduation and completion of school with upper division grades. But unfortunately, what bradford said is true in the real world. It doesnt matter if you were a 4.0 student in school if your projects are lackluster. Not saying that your stuff is. In fact some of you recent environment renders look pretty cool.

Looking forward to more of your recent works as you have been active here in a long time.

Hay, im back again.

finaly got round to rendering my wii remote model. yes is a common model to make but i put as much detail into the thing as i could apart from the circut board which i do tend to make tho. (wonders when tho)

anyway, the model was made using messurements froma real Wii remote and created in Cobalt V.8

the model was renderd using Hypershot v. 1.9

enjoy

post-28200-1286844926.jpg

post-28200-1286844938.jpg

post-28200-1286844947.jpg