Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
scorpio.tn1

Scorpio.tn1 Work

Congrats Scorpio on those grades.

I think i definitely owe u an apology.

The way you were describing your grades were very confusing to understand, it made

it sound like you were being content with such low grades, which was abit disappointing to hear.

HOWEVER!!!!

I finally felt like i HAD to google the UK grading system standards, to get a a definite idea how it works.

And i found out 70% INDEED IS A HIGH SCORE!

First

Fail

1st - 70%+ (double 1st 80%+)

2:1 - 60-69

2:2 - 50-59

3rd - 40-49

So in that sense, 1st, GOOD JOB!

And the website class was totally unfair, and that teacher should get fired right away.

3 out of 12 classes? that is ridiculous.

And congratulations on the internship, moving out, and the free speaker systems!

Again sorry about before, and seriously good job!

PS, i think you still have room for improvement, so dont ever get content!

Keep it up, keep working hard!

hay,

first off, whats all this WOW rubbish i friggin hate that game and all this advertising is highly anoying can and admin take care of it by having a word with that guy ?

- - -

Sketchyd, thankyou so much for your comment, as ever i will be working hard.

im still in the process of updating my website, what do you guys think of this style ?

its fairly plain, fairly formal yet fun with some personality showing through. (i hope lol )

post-28200-1246743082.jpg

post-28200-1246744679.jpg

post-28200-1246744697.jpg

post-28200-1246744715.jpg

Guest Karl Baxter

it's really nothing scorpio, but it bothered me. Your text is too high of center in your logo.

it's really nothing scorpio, but it bothered me. Your text is too high of center in your logo.

im sry but i dont understand what you mean ?

were you referring to the website design stuff ?

if so, im just playing about with that, most details are only blocked in. its no were near complete or anything.

i just cant find a design i really wana use.

oh ok, sry.

il fix it and make it more suttle. ive just been busy at work creating websites. heres some of the stuff ive been creating.

this is the latest one im working on..

Current site - http://www.idsmediagroup.com/

and below is a Template for the one i came up with. looking back i think its rather dark so im gona play about with the footer and brighten it up a bit. i had to work from the logo (black, white, orange)

post-28200-1248801227.jpg

hay,

im moving into my own house with my GF, within the next few weeks

in one of the spare rooms, im making it into a sorta,, Computer / Art studio / office. combination.

im building my own custom desk from scratch. i modeled it up in Solidworks and brought the measurements to a manufacture to get a price.

so once its in place il upload a picture of my new work space.

the desk will be an L shape, and will have a custom built in Drafting table section with a light box. that will be able to tilt to either sit Flat (flush) with the rest of the table or tilt at various angles (example, 0°, 15°, 30°, 45° etc)

it will also have 4 drawers that will fit up to A2 size paper sheets. but can be customized to suit my needs.

Guest Taro

the desk will be an L shape, and will have a custom built in Drafting table section with a light box. that will be able to tilt to either sit Flat (flush) with the rest of the table or tilt at various angles (example, 0°, 15°, 30°, 45° etc)

it will also have 4 drawers that will fit up to A2 size paper sheets. but can be customized to suit my needs.

nice, i like it, but i saw the exact same thing at Ikea today, i was gonna buy it, but thought it wouldn't really but too useful.

nice, i like it, but i saw the exact same thing at Ikea today, i was gonna buy it, but thought it wouldn't really but too useful.

Ok, havnt posted here in a while. been busy with University Final Year, which is actually going great, the tutors have been loving the stuff ive been producing. heres some work ive been doing, including my new Office Desk etc.

the custom desk i modeld and wanted to get made was gona cost something like £900 which was well over my £250/£300 budget that i wanted to spend.

post-28200-1255707914.jpg

the desk i had modeled up to be made, but for a simple design worked out to be far too expensive.

it would have had, built in light-box drafting table to the right hand side. and drawer's

---

A spin art machine i built with a cardboard box, and a house Fan with the blades and safety cage removed to expose the motor and shaft, attached a CD spindle for a paper base.

then a project for Uni, an Art installation for a brief titled, "what makes you happy", - Art & Technology. (among other things)

post-28200-1255709134.jpg

post-28200-1255709263.jpg

Hay,

I havent been around here much, cause ive been finishing up my Final year of Universtiy

i handed in my final major project on the 17th May 2010. I now just have to wait for results.

i expect to leave with a "Batchelor of Arts second class honors degree in "design communication" Upper devision"

Basiclay a 2.1 (UK grading system) the highest i can acived would have been a 1st.

Heres a Scale for anyone not from the UK.

A = 1st

B+ = 2.1

B = 2.2

C = 3rd

D = no pass

any way below are some scaled down images of my final work. there was a Final animation as well.

post-28200-1274186007.jpg

post-28200-1274186025.jpg

post-28200-1274186038.jpg

post-28200-1274186050.jpg