Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest csven

"future Of Design" Video

Guest Evanzo

I can see the actual visual parts of this being possible and working.. as for the user connection to the software.. I doubt it would be that easy to use and quick for every type of 3d design.

Also, if this does find it's way into existence, that definitely does not mean the end of designers. Computers didn't mean the end of designers. 3D modeling didn't mean the end of designers. There's more to it than simply molding a form you want for your product. Anyone can do that with a block of clay and a bit of time.

Guest kaiza

Here's a TV that's controlled with gestures. Nice to see it working its way into ordinary tech. Also nice to see foam sketch models :D

http://gadgets.boingboing.net/2009/03/11/p...g-canestas.html

The only technically feasible way we could achieve a gestural design interface with visual feedback at the moment is with some sort of augmented reality system - what I really want to know is how we will be able to achieve tactile feedback - I can only guess that it will either rely on nanotechnology or devices that somehow stimulate/interact our nerve endings (or brain).