Product Design Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JOYRIDE

Cue- Network Music Project

Guest JOYRIDE

This is a project I started about 3 days ago. I just needed something to do to keep me thinking. I still have a page or two I need to build with some ideating on the final design, just haven't finished laying it out yet. Any thoughts on it would be great.

In many small apartments, the wireless router/modem are located near the central television. Apparently, lazy cable guys dont want to reroute the cable, and the router placement isnt very critical. The addition of an optical audio output (one of the most common inputs on receivers) would allow you to stream music to your primary location. Because the signal remains digital, there is no need for an D/A converter, which will keep cost minimal. Also, if the router is placed near the computer, you could use it as an outboard soundcard, allowing for 5.1 channel sound. There are devices like the Squeeze box, however they are very expensive/overkill for most users in small apartments.

(for some reson the pics ended up in the other post, so I just added them)

title.jpg

objective.jpg

sketches.jpg

render.jpg

details.jpg

Guest AutomóvilVerde

You can do the same with a xbox and it think ps3. and if you want cheap u can use a old laptop/ computer. But for a elegant nice package this is great. any idea of the cost?

Guest JOYRIDE

I figured you could do it with them, however, you would be surprised how many people do not have a gaming system. I do not have any real figure as for cost, however I do know that the hardware to make this possible would not be much at all. I figure it would maybe add $20 to the price, however that is just a guess dep[ending on how in depth the software development would have to be for this (it wouldnt need to be a complex thing, just enough to route the signal to the digital output). So assuming its a basic G-speed, It could probably be had for around $60-80.