Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
akinbacioglu

Also_chair

also chair is a multifunctional furniture which designed for teen rooms and small houses. It can be used as an reading armchair and also a desk. Just flip the armchair for 90 degrees and now it is an desk. Besides there is a bookcase behind the backrest of the armchair to put your favorite books or homeworks. It works properly in both position. because of the lines of design and selected mateerials and it is very easy to produce and very cheap to purchase.

post-13231-1233573925.jpg

post-13231-1233574032.jpg

Guest Grant Howarth

I like it, I only have 1 question (being a lanky 6' 3") about the leg space. What percentile range does the leg space accomodate? Other than that it is a really cool design. I'd prefer it in mental colours though!!

grant, thanks for watching and question. its size is not proper for adults because it means a higher table surface than normal which is ergonomically wrong. there is a 15 cm gap between the sitting height and the bottom part of the desk.

Guest newt @ MWE

Simply put, its a clever design, I like it. It would be great in a public space like a school or library.

nice work.

newt

Guest empty

^^my thoughts exactly. i think kids would like how the chair/desk looks and like the multiple uses for it. a good use of form and function. nice work.

from a design point of view i find it really boring, not to mention probably being extremely uncomfortable . . . clever idea but i think it could have been executed better, especially from an ergonomics point of view

thanks for comments.

vander, boring word is not from a design point of view. some one can say minimalistic while other one can say boring. it's rather an emotional word. on the other hand, i am agree with you especially from an ergonomics point of view. but making some prototypes will certainly solve this problem easily.

I don't mean to be negative, and it wasn't because your design is minimalistic that I called it boring, i have seen lots of minimalistic designs which are very nice, but with yours the way you have presented comes off as well, boring . . . the main reason being is that your rendering lacks contrast enabling your design to really stand out against its background

for example, is the frame made out of wood?, if it is its hard to tell because the wood grain is barely visible

one thing I have come to find is that presentation is just as important to design as the design itself so in that respect i think it could be improved on, along with what i previosly mentioned

vander, try to look at % 100 zoom you should see the grains of wood. i still defense my style and admit you don't like this style and i try to add my presentations a little far-east and still find this one relaxing. my eyes tired of exact contrasts for years while in the college.

by the way, sorry for the grammer mistakes if there is any because of my non-good english.

Guest AutomóvilVerde

I think it's great. but it could be a bit more erganomic. Is there a cushon on the seat?

Guest Ekove

This looks very uncomfortable. The seat seems to be a relaxing seat and doesn't go at all with a study/drawing desk. Look at your diagram of the female writing, Do you see how far her head/eyes are from the place of her pen? Usually the placement of the stomach is much closer to the edge of the desk than it is at your diagram while writing/drawing. Thus the hand rest of the chair has to fit under the desk and the little white board thingy under the desk should be moved further back, or cut in half, in order to allow the legs to go through while still providing the needed support for the desk.

ekove, you pointed on the right corners. i try to produce a prototype to see ergonomics problems. other than this, the seat will be upholstered. if you move the chair about 5 cm left or right, then forward you will be closer to the desk. but i should try to solve this problem with at the basis on a mock-up.

Guest Ekove

Also I forgot to mention, a cushion would also be a plus, or at least make the sea more curved. A completely flat surface would be painful after like 10 minutes.