Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest uncy_chris

'mia' - A Concept Ceiling Light

Guest uncy_chris

This is my concept design for a contemporary chandelier. I was set a very open brief to come up with a centrally mounted light fitting, and was given just over a week to do it. Just thought I'd share it and see what people thought as I have very little experience with this sort of lighting design.

post-576-1233083204.jpg

post-576-1233083554.jpg

The modern interpretation/metaphor of the torches are an excellent idea, but the rest of the lamp feels very uninspired and lacking. You should do something with the arms and centerpiece as well, to bring the design together.

Guest SamHolmes

i very much like the part where the light is and the chrome portion directly beneath it but i think that the center part and the arms that extend from it have too much of a different style that doesn't match the rest of it. i would go back and make some more variations of these parts and see if you can't find some thing that fits better. otherwise this is a very cool light fixture.

...but the rest of the lamp feels very uninspired and lacking. You should do something with the arms and centerpiece as well, to bring the design together.

Right, the chandelier itself isn't discrete, so why should the ceiling rose be? That center shaft doesn't actually look very rigid compared with the actual fixture - beef it up with some of those outrageous curves! If you're going to go, go all out!