Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kaiyuan

Kar

Guest Taro

is 2 hours for a rendered page really short? I thought it seems pretty normal or long.

Guest Kaiyuan
is 2 hours for a rendered page really short? I thought it seems pretty normal or long.

Oh, it's shorter than normal for me. If I actually work really really hard, say for an actual project, it takes me a lot longer.

Render/Final:

post-24002-1243294738.jpg

^All handwork. No photoshop. Copics=win.

post-18508-1243305555.jpg

post-18508-1243305433.jpg

Thanks for the good critique.

Scale is something I mainly have trouble with. I have a question: For the tree, or anything else, should I actually draw a tree in color or would it be okay to leave it as a neutral color?

I'll spend more time looking in on details next time.

Guest Taro

i would say neutral, im not an expert, but the tree is kinda distracting right now, especially when its not like a crazy realistic tree

Just a couple things: Offroad vehicles need a lot of tire sidewall. That thing would be horrible at offroading, if it was made like that. The tires flex and conform to surface variations found off the pavement. Generally, the more of a badass offroad vehicle it is, the more sidewall it has. It's MTV and all these stupid 20-22" rims that has screwed up the proportions of what a vehicle should look like so everyone assumes everything needs gigantic rims with rubber band tires. Kind of annoying.

And the tool storage/compartment bit reminds me of this, which is sadly, REAL, and a not a parody:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oBg8C6PMYo

Guest Kaiyuan
Just a couple things: Offroad vehicles need a lot of tire sidewall. That thing would be horrible at offroading, if it was made like that. The tires flex and conform to surface variations found off the pavement. Generally, the more of a badass offroad vehicle it is, the more sidewall it has. It's MTV and all these stupid 20-22" rims that has screwed up the proportions of what a vehicle should look like so everyone assumes everything needs gigantic rims with rubber band tires. Kind of annoying.

And the tool storage/compartment bit reminds me of this, which is sadly, REAL, and a not a parody:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oBg8C6PMYo

Thanks.

Yes I did exaggerate the wheels a little. I was going to make a thicker tire, but I decided against it, because of the dilemma I kinda had on the rear wheel. It has just been a habit for me drawing large rims, not MTV inspiration.

That car in the video actually looks functional to me o_o. Besides having so much packed into a vehicle, but it has some good functions built in, and that's what I mainly try to design for.

Guest MBW17

i think a little more detail with the car renderings would be good, also try not to go so wild with all those colors, to me it reminds me of like a cartoon...

Guest Kaiyuan
omg is the stinger real?

for some reason i think its freakin awesome!

so many features!

LOL

id buy one if it was super cheap.

So would I haha. and if I could change the colors. That bright green and pink is an awkward color combo.

i think a little more detail with the car renderings would be good, also try not to go so wild with all those colors, to me it reminds me of like a cartoon...

I totally agree with the cartoon statement.

Well I'll be starting Sat. High this weekend, so I won't post as much now. :\ Advanced Product and Trans! ;D

I heard this term we were going to work a product project only, so I'm pretty excited.

Guest Kaiyuan
whos your teacher?

Tony Yao. He's probably one of the best critiquers I know.

sigh, you are very fortunate to live in L.A.

I actually live an hour away from the downtown area :\. We commute way too much.

Guest Kaiyuan

Okay, I have not posted in like a gajillion days.

Advanced Product and Trans is killing me, but it's fun. So that's all I've been working on for the past month or so.

We're building a mockup of our presentation tomorrow, and then building the actual thing the next two days. Plus, we're at our final stages in product development. So here are some previews of what I'm going to do. I'll post the final pages when I'm done making the model and doing canson (D:)

post-24002-1247452899.jpg

post-24002-1247452924.jpg

post-24002-1247452942.jpg

post-24002-1247452960.jpg

I don't have time to explain each page. I NEED TO DO TWO PAGES OF CANSON COMP FULLY RENDERED BY TOMORROW D:::

:)

Guest Taro

nice stuff, i like them.

I think you should work on your human figures though. That is giving away the info that you are an amateur, while your other renders are really really nicely done.

Also, at the place where you learned, did they encourage you to do such colorful and filled up pages? Or is that kind of your personal style? I understand that filling up the pages is very important, yet being so colorful really.. makes a little messy sometimes.. also, doesn't that use up ALOT of ink per page?

I think thats a style that he learned at the class.

I have a few friends who took those classes before they came to art center.

And the styles are nearly identical.

Cartoonish, vibrant, fun sketching style.

You are gonan be leaps and bounds better than the ppl at artcenter, for your 1st term.

Well at least that was the case when i came in.

I unfortunately didnt get to take this class.

But the friends who did were 10x better than 80% of the students there.