Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kaiyuan

Kar

Guest Kaiyuan

The front is like that because of the forced perspective.

I understand the flatness though. My instructor says I need more contrast, if that's what you mean.

Guest MBW17

well i think you could use some more contrast too, but i was talking about how your people look flat, give them some more depth, also i think it would help a lot too, if you would show some interior on the perspective views.

Guest Kaiyuan

. My people look flat, so i need more contrast right? Oh, or you mean I need to add shadows on the ground? Sorry, I'm like zoned out right now.

Interior? I have a whole page on the interior o_o or do you mean on the exterior views?

Heh, my mind is like dead right now, sorry.

Guest MBW17

haha no problem, yea i mean interior from the exterior views, and for the people maybe make them a little fatter...

Guest Kaiyuan

wow I haven't posted in a long time.

So yea. I've just recovered from designer's block and now I'm trying to squeeze out the ideas. Still trying to follow form follows function.

Vespa storage system:

post-24002-1241241050.jpg

some airflow car. no a/c required!

post-24002-1241241096.jpg

^blue hue. No clue how that happened, but I hope it doesn't distract.

So, critique.

Guest Taro

the first page is a bit hard to understand, or could even be too light.

---------

how do you adjust temperature? What if it's cold outside and I want it to be warm.

Guest Kaiyuan

Here's a darker version of the Vespa. Sorry about the weird lighting.

So pretty much it's focusing on the storage options for a Vespa scooter, such as a frontal storage system where it flips down and becomes a basket, or a storage compartment inside the front body/part thingy where you slide your belongings in. Also, under-seat storage and a slideout drawer under the seat (by the rider's feet) were an idea.

post-24002-1241329358.jpg

^I hope it helps. a little.

Hm about the car:

Then the driver can put on more clothes or reduce the amount of layers they have on >;D. just kidding.

But good catch. I didn't notice that. Maybe an electric something may heat up the air as it comes in, but yea. I need more ideas.

Guest Taro

i c

well, have you ever been to a place where scooters are more popular than cars?

I was born in a place like that, and I can tell you that the under-seat storage, and the drawer ideas are existing ideas that has been added to scooters long time ago.

the front storage is worth looking into, but I have one question, where is the engine?

Guest Lilith

nice sketches, its great that you an actually organize your sketches on the paper! i can never do that, i always need to photoshop to make them look proportionate

Guest Kaiyuan
i c

well, have you ever been to a place where scooters are more popular than cars?

I was born in a place like that, and I can tell you that the under-seat storage, and the drawer ideas are existing ideas that has been added to scooters long time ago.

the front storage is worth looking into, but I have one question, where is the engine?

I thought the engine would be in the back but then I noticed I overrode the whole scooter with storage options.

nice sketches, its great that you an actually organize your sketches on the paper! i can never do that, i always need to photoshop to make them look proportionate

Thanks, my instructor stresses composition so much its ridiculous, but it helps.

Finally. I have a new sketch.

post-24002-1243042883.jpg

Based on a cross-like multifunctional table/chair/storage product. The sides are bendable. I have yet to come up with what materials and how the technics of this will work though. It would be cool to see it assembled and working.

From top left; working the way clockwise: the plan/base of the product (unfolded), one pair of opposite sides folded at 90 degrees becomes a table with an overhang, gameboard holder or a small floor table (all sides folded down at 90 degrees), all sides folded down and planted on a stool and becomes a sort of chair o_o, all sides folded up at 90 degrees becomes a storage bin or something to move larger objects around in, a photography lightbox/stand.

Yea, I messedup the put-on-stool idea.

Critique appreciated :)

Guest Taro

very cool concept, this is something that I will really want to buy.

so, develope it a bit more

your techniques, hmm .. it seems like your red arrows are overpowering your actualy sketch. I looked at the arrows first before I even paid attention to the product. If you were to use such big arrows like that (and red too), I suggest a very heavy lineweight for your product.

and watch out for your perspective, many of them have perspective issues.

also, why does the top left one get a shadow but rest dont?

try to draw these things with the confidence of drawing cars, your cars are so much more amazing. I mean, some lines here arent even straight anymore.

good luck, kai

just curious... your + sign looking, multifunctional concept.

So how is this different from a cardboard box?

Why and how is this better than what already is easily and nearly freely available?

This is not to imply anything, just questions.

Guest Kaiyuan
very cool concept, this is something that I will really want to buy.

so, develope it a bit more

your techniques, hmm .. it seems like your red arrows are overpowering your actualy sketch. I looked at the arrows first before I even paid attention to the product. If you were to use such big arrows like that (and red too), I suggest a very heavy lineweight for your product.

and watch out for your perspective, many of them have perspective issues.

also, why does the top left one get a shadow but rest dont?

try to draw these things with the confidence of drawing cars, your cars are so much more amazing. I mean, some lines here arent even straight anymore.

good luck, kai

Thanks. The top left is the main "plan/blueprint" for the whole design, so I decided to emphasize that more.

Yea, I'm still a bit hesitant towards my product design side, since there are so many possibilities and that intimidates me D:

just curious... your + sign looking, multifunctional concept.

So how is this different from a cardboard box?

Why and how is this better than what already is easily and nearly freely available?

This is not to imply anything, just questions.

Well now that I think of it, it could make a cool cardboard-esque concept but here is my input:

It's true that it is really similar to a cardboard box, but from my views, cardboard boxes would not be able to support the product well enough (such as the top middle one). The top middle has two sides that need to be sturdy and two sides that need to be hanging and able to support weight. Also, since it is a possible table to put drinks on, what if a drink spills? The cardboard may be ruined or it would leave a nasty stain mark. Then there is the issue of cardboard being worn out after a while. It all boils down to what you prefer, something that you can reuse over time, or something you would have to replace/remake yourself.

Guest MBW17

develop this product more, and you could have something nice going here

your layout is getting better and i understand it very well now.

keep sketching man!

Guest Kaiyuan
develop this product more, and you could have something nice going here

your layout is getting better and i understand it very well now.

keep sketching man!

Thanks!

:\ I've become really inconsistent the past few days. I wanted to get away from this multifunctional product.

So I made this page in 2 hours (rendering/layouting). The sketch took 20-30 minutes. As you can see, the time reflects my work, so my rendering is really messy. But yea. Enjoy, and critique.

Sketch:

post-24002-1243294711.jpg

Render/Final:

post-24002-1243294738.jpg

^All handwork. No photoshop. Copics=win.