Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gringoire

Ballpoint Pen Or Whatever...

Guest Gringoire

Hey... how are are you guys doing?... I've been quite busy since I made the last post here and a lot of things changed... Still... sketching is a thing that I enjoy a lot and I could find time to make some things... and here's a bit of work... I may have dropped out a bit but I try to to my best...

P.S. I see a lot of improvement to many members (old and new)... so I guess you're doing well...

Oh... and the thing with the marker... it's actually huge... it was done somewhere at dacia-renault-nissan car center on a whiteboard thing... or whatever... anyways... I find it stylish...

post-27742-1267446138.jpg

post-27742-1267446158.jpg

post-27742-1267446168.jpg

Guest Gringoire

and I had this done for a specific reason... when it comes to not add the rendering thing I get them quite ok... but when I start to render... and I get to do the metal surface texture with reflections and shades... I just loose it... anyways I like to view the structure and not the color nor the texture ... I enjoy perspective most...

post-27742-1267448253.jpg

Guest Taro

i like the second sketch of the mini van in your first post.

it is the more correct. I think you should try to follow that with your other ones too.

Guest Gringoire

Right so, this is much more of a response to advancedboy (I'm sure he'll bang his head on this sooner or later when he has nothing important to do) since he doesn't think that sketching is actually that necessary because it doesn't involve creativity and all those interesting things that make a designer special but it only involves maths and bla bla. Right here we have 2 pictures (unfortunately did with the mobile phone camera) of a car. I started from what advancedboy says symmetrical lines and ended up with a thing that (ok, I love big wheels but I think I should have done them smaller) ... that looks like some sort of a lambo mixed with bmw nose and weird lines at the middle. Advancedboy, can you tell me what this means? (to everyone else, it means creativity but don't tell him ok?)

So, sketching improves your creativity as well as other stuff that are needed in order to become a designer. I'd like to see what can you do at the moment, using the resources that you've gathered so far, from your harvesting methods. I will remind you that accurate perspective counts a lot. However, sooner or later you'll have to but down some lines on a piece of paper and I can't wait to see how it goes.

post-27742-1268592614.jpg

post-27742-1268592621.jpg

Guest Taro

hey, since you've get the porprotion and perspective down (sort of), try to stop with the pen for a sec, and go to prismacolors.

http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop/2006...rd-5_460x0w.jpg

http://www.zamuners.com/ZAMUNERS/design/sk...-mini-IDEAS.jpg

http://www.scoobyblog.com/uploads/2007/06/091.jpg

loose up a bit, and try to find some emotion when you are sketching these cars.

p.s. make sure you think about layout before you draw, don't draw a nice car, then afterwards, notice that it looks awkward on the page. your latest one almost looks like it's floating.