Guest AutomóvilVerde

Some Of My Sketches

Guest AutomóvilVerde

I found my prismacolor markers finally, and attempted a rendering. first try :P

post-27920-1234631840.jpg

post-27920-1234631848.jpg

post-27920-1234631852.jpg

Guest Gringoire

I see you love audi pattern too... take a look at my work... it may help you, anyway you should learn more patterns and styles and when I say "learn" I mean understand them... and don't forget to practice! Right now your latest work seems a bit rough... keep on practicing!

Guest AutomóvilVerde

Ahh...

Sorry I haven't put any stuff up, had a bunch of test lately... I should have some up tomorrow...

Guest AutomóvilVerde

OK, I finally got more sketches up... and I think my scanner broke, so I don't know when I'll be able to put new ones up...

post-27920-1235232760.jpg

post-27920-1235232797.jpg

Guest AutomóvilVerde

and yes I did kinda use LERsince1991's table design, just how I think it should be... that's not copyrighting is it...?

You're fine just as long as you give proper credit and aren't trying to make money off of it.

You're using too many lines. Use a single longer line and get rid of the multiple scratches. Your perspective lines should be barely visible to us. Use a straight edge on the perspective lines and then freehand the object if you feel you must.

Guest AutomóvilVerde

I usually do use a straight edge, but I was at school so...

any tips on the marker?

Guest MBW17

don't color the shape all the way...leave white on the page to give the object more shine, and stand out more...look on youtube for marker rendering techniques, it helped me!

good luck!

Guest AutomóvilVerde

K thanks

just wondering I used 30% and 40% grey markers for this, should I get more shades, or do you think 2 are enough?

I was taught by an older guy who started doing markering before they had computers. I was taught that when doing a box you skip a shade for each side. For example: lightest side: 1 middle tone: 3 darkest side: 5. This builds up the contrast a bit more. Or you can just leave the lightest side white as someone already said and do a 1and 3 for the other sides.

I'll do a quick box for you later.

Guest AutomóvilVerde

Thanks, that was a big problem for me because I would have to use the same marker for 2 sides and I couldn't get a good contrast...

So I need to get more markers, and right now I have about 10 prismacolor markers, the basic set with random colors and 2 gray ones. Are prismacolors the best to use or is there something else?