Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest AutomóvilVerde

Some Of My Sketches

Guest AutomóvilVerde

sketchyd - ya I know, but sometimes at school that's all I have...

cash68 - thanks, I'll do that from now on...

Guest AutomóvilVerde

I resized these to 800 pixels...

I drew these really big to practice long single lines cause I tend to mess up on them...

don't know what happened when I drew the last one, it looks like crap...

post-27920-1233414235.jpg

post-27920-1233414239.jpg

post-27920-1233414257.jpg

post-27920-1233414261.jpg

post-27920-1233414267.jpg

Guest Taro

hmm, generally, in sketching... bigger is harder to draw So I would suggest you draw smaller for now.. to get a really good idea of what perspective and form is etc etc.

despite the forms and perspective, I think these sketches are a bit boring right now. Where is your lineweight?

With correct perspective, decent line work, and nice lineweight... even a cube can catch someone's eye.

Guest AutomóvilVerde

I'm having a bit of trouble on lineweight... I sometimes try and make it thicker, and end up not drawing over the original line. I guess it's just practice.

Guest Austin Brown

yup. just practice - and also more practice on the side.

then when you're done...a little more just to be sure.

it takes a lot of work to convince your hand to do EXACTLY what your brain wants it to do.

Guest AutomóvilVerde

Ok finally got some more scanned...

The second one was one I completely messed up on so I decided to just do random stuff to it... Please just ignore the top right side of the first one... it was an epic failure...

post-27920-1233979352.jpg

post-27920-1233979359.jpg

Guest Taro

stilll sick, not much to comment atm.

but i don't get the first sketch...

a big reason is because.. your drawing seems dead and static.

Guest jmc

Watch out for perspective with those cubes you've posted previously.

An important rule of perspective is that you must not see the point where the lines going to your vanishing points make a 90 degrees angle.

If it's not clear I mean the grid representing your floor is a series of V's getting more and more narrow when you get further from your horizon. Well, dont get too far from your horizon, because those 90°+ angles we see there are really wrong.

Try to place your vanishing points more apart from each other to counter these errors.

Guest AutomóvilVerde

Taro - the first sketch is supposed to be a desk and a bulletin board with drawings on it, but I did the perspective of the drawings (only the top ones) using the perspective of the whole sketch. That's why it looks odd...

jmc - I know, I couldn't get the angles right cause the lines there across the whole page, and I wasn't using a ruler...

Guest jmc

Nice representation of the WIN XP sunny hills! :P

But in my opinion those drawings show nothing... except the fact you are practicing your right lines.

Also the full keyboard is quite a bad idea...imagine how small the buttons would be. It would even be tough to hit them with a digital pen, so imaging if it's -20°C outside (like atm where I live) and your fingers are trembling.

Nice try anyways! :P

Guest AutomóvilVerde
Also the full keyboard is quite a bad idea...imagine how small the buttons would be. It would even be tough to hit them with a digital pen, so imaging if it's -20°C outside (like atm where I live) and your fingers are trembling.

The keyboard is supposed to be physical, not a screen. I couldn't figure out how to show that without shading. They keys won't be too small, think bigger than iphone keyboard.