Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest AutomóvilVerde

Some Of My Sketches

Guest Austin Brown

you should do it in one line no matter how big it is. Also, try getting your hand/arm moving in a circullar motion before you even put the pen on the page. This will make it easier to draw a circle in one shot.

practice makes perfect.

But ill tell u alil cheat:

Lets take your circle sketches for example.

Lets say you drew one of your lopsided circles on one page and another lopsided circle on another page but then you tried to fix it by adding more lines.

To the viewer, the one you tried to fix would be seen first.

And the viewer would see all the mistake lines you tried to fix it with, instantly.

In this case.

The original lopsided circle sketch with just one stroke is better.

Because the faults arent as easily noticed.

----

To get your circles correct,

its easy as:

Draw a perfect square, and then try to fit your circle inside it.

Guest Kaiyuan

If you haven't tried this already:

When drawing your ellipses/circles, try using your whole arm. I usually start out light and have the pencil/pen perpendicular to the paper. And I usually keep just my pinky finger on the paper when I draw. This helped alot when I was beginning to learn to draw circles.

There are many other ways but I found this one most efficient.

Guest AutomóvilVerde

Some sketches I did in art for a painting. I know I didn't use single lines, it was intended...

My scanner's not big enough to fit the first one so it's cut off...

post-27920-1232765475.jpg

post-27920-1232765849.jpg

Guest Taro

i like the bottom right head phones the most, it they really ..correct lol.

and ya, if your gonna paint it, its okay to use hairy lines.

Guest AutomóvilVerde

Thanks. I wish my scanner was better, all the stuff looks more scratchy than it actually is.

Anyone here ever paint a car??? Cause it looks kinda hard, and I've never done it before.

Guest Gringoire

Hint: when you start drawing something and your backside of the hand ( or however it's named... you'll get it anyway...) touches an area where you drew it will mess up the the thing and you will get dirty on your hand (if you will still use pencil)... take a small piece of paper which can cover the area of your hand a place it between your work and your hand, and carry on... it will keep both, your hand and your drawing clean...

Guest merdoc

Hey....Just a quick tweak in photoshop to show you how this should have gone....unless you were going for a converged cylinder, in which case I feel it was unsuccessful. 2-point perspective is somewhat user-friendly....just stick to your two vanishing points. ALWAYS draw-through so your ellipses have correct degree....

post-7894-1233028662.jpg

For future reference, can you scale down your images? It's kind of annoying to wait a while for huge images to load if they're just cylinders and boxes.

Guest AutomóvilVerde

merdoc - I actually drew the cylinder before the rest of the stuff and not in the two point perspective... I did the perspective stuff later, I was at school and didn't have any other paper. But it still looks messed up, I tried to do 1 point perspective for the cylinder...

cash68 - So just scale down the image size on photoshop? or is there a faster way to do it?

I'll have more sketches up soon...

cash68 - So just scale down the image size on photoshop? or is there a faster way to do it?

Yep. Or, just lower the DPI of your scanner settings, and change the output file to be smaller. For posting on forums, stick to a maximum of around 800pixels wide, and pretty much the entire internet is 72dpi. :D