Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest AutomóvilVerde

Some Of My Sketches

Guest AutomóvilVerde

FINALLY DONE WITH SCHOOL!!! SUMMER!!! :whoo: :whoo: :whoo:

Now that I can actually get some work done I'll be posting my sketches up more often.

I think your phone concept is absolutely ridiculous with not even the slightest bit of thinking involved.

Our phones RIGHT NOW have no up or down, considering your concept.

For the 1st sketch, it doesnt matter whether the keyboard comes out from the left or right, cuz you gonna be holding it horizontally anyways. so either way, the left side will go to your left hand and the right side go to your right hand.

For the 2nd sketch, why why why why why why?

Why would anyone want to look at their phone upside down?

And why do you need button for it?

I can just get my Nokia N82 and flip it upside down and wouldnt I have just achieved what you drew?

Secondly, if you are saying it doesnt matter which way you hold the phone cuz the content will always be right side up.... that what accelerometers have been doing for a long time.

Great examples IPHONE, ipod TOUCH.

But not only those, accelerometers are pretty common in cellphones nowadays, mine has it too.

All in all, i see absolutely no worthwhile concept or thinking involved in your phone concept... none at all.

------------------------------

For your soap dispenser and tables?

im just as confused as to what the purpose acutally is.

Also i dont get the EURWAY comment, i clicked on the link and i didnt see a single table on that site that looked like your sketches, so that was a bit confusing.

Secondly, if you are trying to integrate a soap dispencer to the sink, you cant expect to just put a BLOCK on the sink RIM and call it integrated.

Finally, i have no freakin clue what the heck that last thing is in the same post with yoru table and sink sketches.

Looks like some unidentifiable alien aircraft.

Cmon dude, i know you can do better.

So put some more thought into what you are doing.

Guest AutomóvilVerde

well the phone is designed to have no right side up. basicaly you take it out of your pocket and no matter which way it is the screen reorients itself. yes the iphone and some others have this feature, but not for the whole phone, just for some of the applications. and even then, the mic is on the bottom, the speaker's on the top, powers on the top right, etc... this phone has a mic and speaker on the bottom and top, four buttons on the sides which control volume and what not. as for the keyboard, the same idea, you can open it either way.

but i definitely agree with you that it's not a well thought out design. doesn't solve any problems, just kinda a odd design.

--------------------------------

the sink idea came up when i was washing my hands and the water got all over the area around the sink. so basically the idea is to have a area, about 4-5 inches or so around the sink that are sloped down into it to drain the water into it instead of standing there. nothing big, just something that bothers me a bit. as for the soap dispenser, i just kinda drew it there to show it was a sink i guess, no real purpose.

--------------------------------

this is the table from eurway that i got it from.

http://www.eurway.com/tables.lasso?itemid=...05539RhM2C16285

sorry about that, wrong link before.

as for the unidentifiable alien aircraft, i just started doodle and that's what happened. i guess crazy things come up at five in the night :D but it's supposed to be a cyclopes/cyborg/alien thing, kinda got it from the big metal thing in the day the earth stood still

i know i can do better, and thanks for the critique and not sugarcoating it.

Guest Gringoire

Hey... Try to take a simple... simple ... extremely simple thing... and make a list of advantages... why this product?... Sketch simple but interesting products... not complicated things... and what's more, put some passion in your work... Stop making "shallow brained" sketches... And don't rush! ... Take your time!...

Guest AutomóvilVerde

i have some really well thought out designs, but they're kinda old and don't have many sketches. should i post them up?

Guest Taro

go for it! that would be really interesting to see, and really easy to help you improve, as in.. I am curious what kind of works you can come up with NOW (since you have improved.. right?) : )

so, lets see what you had in your mind.

Guest AutomóvilVerde

last few :D

and i'm still gona put up some of my old stuff... if i can find them somewhere in my room...

post-27920-1244959350.jpg

post-27920-1244959376.jpg

Guest Taro

two things you lack right now,

correct form ( drawing through, making guidelines)

lineweight

Guest AutomóvilVerde

oh ya, and i worked on the line weight. am i doing it right?

Guest AutomóvilVerde

Haven't posted for a while, cause I'm at a summer design program at carnegie mellon. finally got around to taking some pictures of my work from the past two weeks.

post-27920-1247375825.jpg

post-27920-1247375831.jpg

post-27920-1247375845.jpg

post-27920-1247375849.jpg

post-27920-1247375855.jpg

post-27920-1247375864.jpg

post-27920-1247375877.jpg

post-27920-1247375894.jpg

post-27920-1247375901.jpg

post-27920-1247375905.jpg

post-27920-1247375910.jpg

post-27920-1247375916.jpg