Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest mappdaniel

Student Portfolio Critique

Guest mappdaniel

please take a lookat my coroflot and tell me what you think, things that are good , things that are not so good etc.

Coroflot portfolio

the projects are listed newest to oldest, bench is oldest kitchen is most recent.

Cheers

unfortunately i find your forms are very elementary and almost childlike . . . they are too soft form my taste and need more depth and contrast. The drill for example looks like I could have been modeled in about five minutes . . . you need to add details and design elements to your design which strengthen your products and are appropriate to the product you are designing

sorry for the harsh crit but i think your form development could use improvement

The images of the drill and the kitchen table. Are they a rendering or a real model? They look really good! (Visually)

If it was a rendering what setup did you use? Which software?

Regarding comments, some of the images looks really good. Although there is a lack of understanding of what the project is about, major milestones, market, ergonomic, problem. etc... There are so many kitchen tops out there why would people want to buy this one?

The sketching development seems too rough, it looks like a lot of photshop work over thumbnail sketches. Which is contradicting. But overall I like some of your styling work. Kind of like the Bombay Glass.

Guest mappdaniel

The kitchen, portable heating appliance, clinique consultation unit, drill and bombay sapphire glass are all cad model rendered in maxwell render 1.6.

NOTE: in the drill set the pictures in which there are hand holding the drill are photos of an actual model not a render.

Thanks for your comments.

Guest mappdaniel
please take a lookat my coroflot and tell me what you think, things that are good , things that are not so good etc.

Coroflot portfolio

the projects are listed newest to oldest, bench is oldest kitchen is most recent.

Cheers

Ive finally got round to updating a bit, any feedback is welcome :)