Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest posty

Your Work.

Guest posty

Hi,

I am interested in the idea that everyone takes a different role within design teams and wonder what these might be.

Do you take on a particular role within a design project, if so what does this involve?

Do you have particular coalitions or individuals that you rely upon as a designer?

Finally, how have these factors impacted upon or been dictated by the type of work you produce, yourself?

Thanks and happy Chirstmas.

Dont get too interested in that idea :blink: The more skill and knowledge you possess the more you can affect the design of a product. That said you work with what you have and what you want to do. If you have a lack of sketch skill you work at it, as well as try to optimize your strengths to make up for your weakness. Specialization might be acceptable to larger design teams, but is a weakness in a small team. I suck in the shop- its a weakness, but I try and make up for it every step of the way there. I have not had to do much work in the shop for a while because of our workflow- but it is an itch in the back of my mind. So my advice- dont let any weakness creep in that might limit you.

Guest Austin Brown

Good thinking Parel. If you're good at something, you'll be recognized for it. If you're not so good at it, you may get recognized for a different reason - uh oh. And finally if you're good at just about anything because you conquer your limitations and move past your deficiencies, I have to imagine that people will start to talk. Like Parel, I'm not so hot with sketching, but I have to push myself to sketch well and thoroughly before I move to CAD - shich is more comfortable. CAD can be really limiting and it is good to have a plan and make the computer bend to your will than vice-versa. This is only one example of many, I'm sure.