Future Of Education Teaching And Learning, 2d Vle 3d Second Life Etc.?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_huddersfield3d_*

Guest_huddersfield3d_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2008 - 06:35 PM

How we teach in the future will definetelly change, VLE software packages currently used such as Blackboard, Elluminate, WebCT, Moodle etc. or will evolve or is it possible that Facebook will be used to do all the work above.

Or do you think 3D will be the future, Secondlife, Suns' wonderland, personlised 3D multiuser applications or others will take over teaching, learning, assesment etc.

Please comment

Attached Files

#2 Guest_csven_*

Guest_csven_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:49 PM

For Industrial Design I think it'll be 3D simulations. And while Second Life has an amazing number of universities already established, I'm watching Project Croquet with interest since there's already an effort underway to code a built-in 3D CAD application.

#3 engio

engio

Top Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:50 AM

Csven: how is that online ed. thing going, any progress? I wasn't able to find that thread to bump it..

#4 Guest_csven_*

Guest_csven_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2008 - 02:46 PM

Csven: how is that online ed. thing going, any progress? I wasn't able to find that thread to bump it..

Stalled. Although there was no cost, I only had seven volunteers. Getting everyone online at the same time and overcoming a resistance to 1) dealing with new applications and 2) accepting something other than "canned" content were huge issues.

Until it becomes worth it to me to expend the time and effort, it'll stay on hold.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors:
Android Tablet
Designer Store